Frustrated!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! This is my daughters 1st yr doing USAG Level 4. I'm very frustrated right now w what's going on in our gym. Could use some opinions from exp. mom's.( Her 1st meet ever she scored a 35 & has continued going up now she's scoring high 37's.)We have one meet left before states and the owner just started changing practices to where Mon.the girls will rotate between all the coaches and event train then on Wed. she'll have her regular coach. Who she has had for a 1yr. Then Fri. they started putting her w a coach who does rec. classes & has no USAG coaching exp. but did compete USAG. Each day there changing something whether its arm positions,etc.....She's 7 and I feel this completely confuses them &should not be done a month before states! I would not want her scores to go down.Is this something worth confronting them about??Tks!!!!

I think it is worth a chat with the HC. I would simply say that your little one is complaining that the constant changes of coach are making her sad and that she doesn't understand why they keep changes her routine at every class when she has done them so nicely at meets.

Clearly they have consistency issues. Make sure you keep tht discussion, or email, all about your gymmie and how all these changes are affecting her and do say you are concerned about this right before States. That way it's not attacking the coach or the club. You tend to find they respond better whne you make it all about your child.

Good luck, sounds like you have a very talented little one on your hands. Please stick around after you sort this out, we tend tt be nice people to hang out with.

This is a common problem when more than one coach teaches a level. "Event coaching" can have definite advantages, but changing the coaching mid-season is obviously causing problems for your dd. At this stage of the season, and given her excellent scores, the coaches should be polishing and perfecting the routines, not changing them. If there are major discrepancies between the coaches about arm positions (text errors), the HC or owner should refer back to the USAG compulsory book, talk to the coaches and make a decision about which way to do things IMHO.

Bog is right, speak to the HC in a nice, unthreatening way and explain your daughter's confusion about these changes. You'll probably get a better response with a "how can we solve this?" approach than a "why are you changing coaches?" approach. HTH

NOT HC...owner

I understand the frustrated mom's feelings and agree there are certainly ways to voice concerns in order to get the desired results. I think the problem is not with the HC, but with the gym owner, which renders the HC helpless right before States.

Hi thanks for responding! The thing is there is only one level 4 coach. The coaches event coaching are all levels.The optional coaches at one event level six coach at another event,etc....Its not the HC changing things unfortunately its the gym owner!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back