Fun gymnastics activities for comp kids?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

To celebrate the new year at our club we are going to have a contest to see if we can do a total of 2011 backhandsprings on January 1st. If we accomplish the goal, one of our sponsers will donate $2011 to our gym. While we will have girls who will probably doing plenty of BHS but some won't be able to do many do to injuries and skill level. Does anyone have any ideas for other fun activities we can do during that day?

That sounds like a really cool idea :) Sorry I don't have any other ideas, but if I think of some I'll let you know. Good luck! :D

that's really cool! :) and i'm not really sure but my gym used to set up this big opsticle course and each gymnast would have to run a whole lap being timed, the gymnast with the least time would get a prize. for example we would have to run across the ground beam, jump over the low bar (you have to lower it obvi.) crawl under mats, then jump on & over these blocks. and we would play this game called add up on the tumble track where someone would start off with a skill, then the next person would do that skill then add something to it after that, and keep adding. like someone does a straddle jump, then the next person does straddle jump, front tuck.. then next person does straddle jump, front tuck, bhs, ect.

that sounds like an aweosme idea :)
some things that we do at our gym are hide and seek (this is always fun in the gym!) and relays. relays are good because you can mix it up depending on the skill level and ability. sometimes we have the winning team choose a punishment for the losing team, something silly like doing the chicken dance. we also play add ons and obsticle course like beamlove suggested and these are pretty fun :)
you could also have a handstand competition or something like that :)

hope some of this helps and hope you guys have an awesome time and get your 2011 handsprings!!!

You could do all sorts of fun side competitions like handstand competitions, longest single leg releve hold on beam, most press to handstand in a row, rope climb races, most leg lifts in 30 seconds and so on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back