WAG Fundraiser idea

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmytv

Coach
I have a fundraiser idea for our hosted meet, Gymnast Bingo. Using a bingo card generator, put all the gymnasts from that session in the hat and print the bingo cards. Charge 1 dollar(?) for the cards. First one to get bingo gets a prize. Should it be a 50/50 thing or a small prize? Do you think this will work at a meet?

Trying to understand how this would work, how they mark their cards, and how could they prove it? They could just mark it and say they're first. I'm not getting it.

between the rotations we would call names out and people would mark their cards. like bingo. when they get a straight row they win.

I think it could be a fun idea, even if you just did it between the end of competition and awards. You could also just do skill names or famous gymnasts, that way the cards could be the same for each session. Whatever the prize is, I would have multiple available for each session in case there is a tie, which happens from time to time in bingo. You would also need to have a "bingo ref" to check cards. See if any families, local businesses, or meet vendors are willing to donate something for the prize each session. Something like a coupon for a free leo from the gym pro-shop or leo vendor set up at the meet could be a good seller.

I don't know. I'd think at most people would buy only 1 card. Unless the meet is huge, I don't see it making many sales. Plus, different events end at different times. I fear it would be distracting to the gymnasts to have names being called while they are competing or even warming up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back