Parents Funny faces while tumbling?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
There have been professional photographers at 2 of my DD's last three meets (one meet I managed to remain strong and keep my wallet closed, at the other I crumbled) and looking through the pictures, especially on floor, I see that she makes some really funny faces! Of course, I don't have any way to show them to you, because those are NOT the ones I buy. But some of them would have been really great pics (flying through the air) except that her mouth is wide open, as if she is totally shocked by something (Holy heck! I just flung myself backwards through the air! What was I thinking?). Sometimes I'm tempted to show them to her on the computer terminals they have set up to show pictures, or to mention it to her "Ha, ha... you should have seen the look on your face when you were doing your layout!" But then I think, "what if I tell her and then, the next time she's doing a layout, she's thinking about whether or not her mouth is wide open rather than thinking about the fact that she's flying through the air backwards, and she hurts herself?"

I don't actually notice the expressions when I'm watching her compete, or on the video I take, so I figure it must happen pretty fast (of course, it's rare that the video makes it off the camera so I'm just looking at it on the tiny little screen).

Anyway, just wondering if I'm alone on this or if anyone else has notice their kids making some really funny faces when they tumble?

i have a hilarious picture of dd with her tongue sticking through her teeth in turn (concentrating maybe?)- they dont realise they are doing it!

My dd sticks her tongue out...especially on beam. Like you, I saw it in the professional photos at our state meet. I ordered the whole disk. Totally worth it. The photos are great. :)

yup!! funny faces during tumbling, and DD also has her tongue either sticking out, mouth wide open or tongue in her cheek, chipmunk style (because she's been told so many times to keep her tongue in her mouth).

my dd made a fish lips type of face a lot last season, we caught a good one of her at her last meet when she was going for her backtuck off of beam, it looked like she was scared to death even though she was as cool as a cucumber. we have also caught the tongue in cheek(chipmunk thing).

My DD rolls her lips under when she is concentrating hard. I got some professional photos from a competition and there is a nice one of her doing a straddle hold on the beam, but she is very embarrassed about the expression on her face.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back