DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Where is she going to go?! There metroplex or WCC but WCC is kinda far from the Dallas-Fort Worth area...

Where is she going to go?! There metroplex or WCC but WCC is kinda far from the Dallas-Fort Worth area...
Per the unsubstantiated social media comments I’ve read, people think it is implausible that she would go to WCC because she isn’t particularly friendly with Simone Biles.

That's what I thought... Do you think she would go back to Buckeye?! I know she has ranch down in Texas and I don't think she'd want to leave that and she was already at one of the few elite gyms around that area... There are smaller gyms that focus more on producing collegiate gymnasts and having crazy good dev programs like Kurt Thomas but really the only other nearby elite gym would be Metroplex... Aaaaah! The suspense is killing me!

And now she's back at WOGA. Gymcastic's podcast this week made it sound like she maybe tried another gym (s?) and now is back. I don't really understand the unnecessary drama of it all. If there was a chance she was going to come back, why not just keep it private until a decision was made? I guess it got everyone talking about her, but that just really doesn't matter when it's about the gymnastics. It's all weird to me.

I don't care for the gossip and drama though, I just like watching the athletes compete and even train. I hope Suni can hit at camp so she can get an assignment and get her skill named for her, and I hope Gabby is healthy at camp and for her next planned competition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306-194819.png
    Screenshot_20240306-194819.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
This kind of drama does not make her look good. After so many years in the public eye, you’d think she might learn a bit more discretion. But I suppose all publicity is good publicity in some circles, so perhaps discretion is not The goal.

It was the coach who announced (when asked by the press) that she wasn’t training there. I don’t think it’s fair to blame her for “causing drama.” She’s a grown woman being coached at a high level, presumably in a stressful environment, by a coach who is used to training young girls and who has a reputation of being pretty challenging. I’m sure it’s a tough situation all around, and if they needed a break from each other I’m glad they took it. It’s a rough enough sport as it is. Let’s cut her some slack, let her train in peace, and get excited to see what she has to show us!

It was the coach who announced (when asked by the press) that she wasn’t training there. I don’t think it’s fair to blame her for “causing drama.” She’s a grown woman being coached at a high level, presumably in a stressful environment, by a coach who is used to training young girls and who has a reputation of being pretty challenging. I’m sure it’s a tough situation all around, and if they needed a break from each other I’m glad they took it. It’s a rough enough sport as it is. Let’s cut her some slack, let her train in peace, and get excited to see what she has to show us!
I wasn't blaming her for causing the drama - if anything, the media and the coaches for sure. I hate some of the reporting that happens the year of the Olympics in particular.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back