Coaches Gainer Full off Beam ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bumblebee462

Anyone have any tips for teaching Gainer fulls off Beam ...

We have never competed Gainers, but the girls like to do them just to get off the beam sometimes. I use a boys P-bar block or tall spotting block about the height of the beam. Lay an 8 incher beside it long ways. Spot as needed until they have the Gainer on their own. Then have them start jumping 1/2 a turn as soon as they land, once they have their Gainer 1/2, have them jump another half, and hopefully there you have it. :)

So is it your good leg or bad leg that kicks
over first
When I competed them I would stand on my "good leg" and swing my "bad leg," which meant that I did the full twist turning towards the beam. I'm not sure if that's the normal way to do it, but since my "good leg" was the leg I jumped off of when executing switch leaps, I could conveniently connect a switch leap right into the gainer dismount, which was pretty fun.

When I competed them I would stand on my "good leg" and swing my "bad leg," which meant that I did the full twist turning towards the beam. I'm not sure if that's the normal way to do it, but since my "good leg" was the leg I jumped off of when executing switch leaps, I could conveniently connect a switch leap right into the gainer dismount, which was pretty fun.

if you swing your left leg, you leave the beam to the left, twisting right/towards the beam.

reverse for right leg swing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back