Parents Give it to me straight!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There was a mom from Florida who posted on the crazy FB Page last week, and they gym had level TWO girls paying more per month than our elites pay...elites who have been to P&G, camps, etc!! It’s Highway robbery!

Agree! Not our gym. We’re in the same area and definitely much cheaper than that. I don’t know that our level 7 boys (which is the highest we currently have) pay as much as their level 4 boys do.
Agree, I also find it steep and am also in the area. I don’t know what a gym like Brestyan’s charges.
This one is the only gym I know of that posts the schedule and fees online so I plopped it in. Not sure what state OP is in, perhaps showing a pricey (though good gym!) MA option isn’t the best comparison :)

Reactions: RTT
Agree, I also find it steep and am also in the area. I don’t know what a gym like Brestyan’s charges.
This one is the only gym I know of that posts the schedule and fees online so I plopped it in. Not sure what state OP is in, perhaps showing a pricey (though good gym!) MA option isn’t the best comparison :)
Yeah, MA is probably a rough comparison since our COL is so much higher than a lot of areas. I went and pulled our tuition schedule out of an old email. Girls level 10 is $420, Xcel Diamond is $330, boys 7 is $375 (which I think is around 16 hours per week). And from reading around, those prices still seem high compared to a lot of areas.

Yeah, MA is probably a rough comparison since our COL is so much higher than a lot of areas. I went and pulled our tuition schedule out of an old email. Girls level 10 is $420, Xcel Diamond is $330, boys 7 is $375 (which I think is around 16 hours per week). And from reading around, those prices still seem high compared to a lot of areas.
There are so many high cost of living areas in this country. We’ve paid over $400 a month on both coasts.

Reactions: sce
I wish they would include a couple of spectator tickets with the meet entry fees. I know entry fee would be higher, but somehow I feel like it would be less painful that way. Or better yet, give out spectator tickets instead of meet gifts!

I also wish there was a way to keep spectator costs reasonable for parents. $29 for one ticket to watch a level 3 session is just ridiculous to me. Her state meet wasn’t even that high.
I like the meets that allow you to pre-order spectator tickets, especially if it is a multi-day event and you know you will be there multiple days.

Example... YMCA Nationals, pre-ordered 3 day adult (13 & over) pass was $30. At the door, single day is $15 and 3 day is $40.
If you wanted to add Opening Ceremonies (which HAS to be pre-paid), it is $85 ... getting you into an Olympic style Opening Ceremony, some sort of food, and some fun stuff that varies year to year and all 3 days of the meet. JUST Opening Ceremonies is $65. This year, Opening Ceremonies Keynote Speaker was Nastia. After the Grand march in of states and the speakers, there was the fun stuff... a "parade" down the block to a AAA Minor League baseball game and kids activities on the concourse. You got special "money" to buy food at the ballpark or buy souvenirs.
For ages 4-12, subtract $10 for each prepaid amount, and single day at the door is just $10.
3 and under are free.
The gymnasts get a T-shirt, Goodie Bag (including a "seat cushion" this year), admission to all sessions and Opening Ceremonies. And their meet entry fee is lower than a lot of meet fees I hear about ($100 for JO L1-7, Mens L4-7 and JD, and Xcel Bronze - Diamond; $110 for L8; and $120 for L9/10 and Mens L8-10).

Did I mention I love being at a YMCA gym? lol

Ouch, those monthly costs are painful.

Agree. We are in the same area, just a little bit farther out, and we paid nothing close to that (but still about $6000 a year for L4), not including travel and paying to get into meets, parking at meets, etc.

At our previous gym, I had estimated the level 4 cost to be $4100 per year. That included monthly tuition, booster fees, leotard and warm ups. (The cost for our family to travel during the season is not included in that estimate.)

State of MA maybe 300-700 per month depending on level and schedule. Excludes Leo, warmups, travel to meets and viewer entrance fees as well as other clinics, etc.

Here is a sample schedule/fee chart posted online for a Boston area gym (not ours)
http://www.exxcel.net/downloads/Team_Schedule/2017/2017_2018_Team_Schedule.pdf
Those are insane! Our girls and boys home school kids go 30+ hours a week and they don't even pay as much as their boys who go 16.5 hours a week....and our gym isn't cheap. Yikes!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back