GK Gymnastics (basically elite in Colorado) dunno help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

I guess this question is mostly directed at dunno (or the other experienced coaches!). I was looking at the roster for the Cover Girl Classic and saw more girls from my state than normal, one who I competed against in the L 10 state and regional meets (even though she's younger and was in a different division) Claire Hammer. She's not a junior int'l elite and last competed JO She has a team mate who I'm friends with at the same gym, Brandy Jay, who is a senior int'l elite. I'm really excited for them! But I was just curious. When I did the bulk of my competing at the higher levels in middle school between '03 and '05 I don't remember gyms like GK ever having elite athletes. More gyms have started to develop higher level girls especially by them time I was competing in '09. But if you wanted elite in our state you pretty much went to the Colorado Aerials in the Springs, which was kind of the be all end all. It's actually where I was supposed to train elite but was too far. To my knowledge the GK coaches have been there forever. Is it just a case of having a few super talented girls? Or is there a shift in the way things used to be with a few gyms being "elite" and now gyms are trying to train their own girls to elite without having them move. Any insight would be appreciated!

they have a couple of new coaches at gk that can coach that level of gymnastics. i would say that there is no trend either way.

and you have to have kids with the biology for the elite level. 1 in 4 million births. do the math with 4500 gymnastic clubs. a gym getting a kids like this is small.

ahhh gotcha. when i was competitive in Colorado we were all told pretty much to go to the aerials if we wanted to go elite. i was just wondering if there was a trend, between gk and some of the olympic girls coming from gyms "outside the norm" (not WOGA, parkette's... which i thought had sizzled down, CGA, etc.) you're right though the odds of having kids that talented are so small and their distribution so random. it'd just be nice to see more talented kids have access because they wouldn't have to move gyms to train!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back