GK Gymtek or Snowflake Dryflex leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastmom38

Proud Parent
We're getting close to the summer months and here it gets really hot. DD will be practicing outside for the first hour of morning summer practice and then the rest of the 16 hr/week will be in a non-air conditioned gym. She really gets sweaty so I've been looking for some leos that would help with it.

I've heard of new leos that GK has come out with called Gymtek and Snowflake's Dryflex that is supposed to be lightweight and be fast drying. A couple of the team members have the GK leos and I believe they like them.

Is there anyone out there who has the Snowflake version or the GK one that can tell me if they've had good experience with them? Thanks in advance!

No personal experience, but I have read comments on the GK Facebook page that says the sizing on the Gymtek is off. Most people seemed to think they ran about a size big so I was worried to order one without seeing it in person first. If you do order one, post back about the sizing!

I don't think one is better than the other. I think that GK is more known than snowflake but I think both are good products. The best thing is to have DD try them on and see which she likes better.

I ordered a Gymtek for my DD in her regular GK size. It was about 1.5 sizes too big, but the fabric was nice. I have no experience with the Dryflex, but DD likes Snowflake. Her absolute favorite though is the Silk Skyn from Motionwear!

We're getting close to the summer months and here it gets really hot. DD will be practicing outside for the first hour of morning summer practice and then the rest of the 16 hr/week will be in a non-air conditioned gym. She really gets sweaty so I've been looking for some leos that would help with it.

I've heard of new leos that GK has come out with called Gymtek and Snowflake's Dryflex that is supposed to be lightweight and be fast drying. A couple of the team members have the GK leos and I believe they like them.

Is there anyone out there who has the Snowflake version or the GK one that can tell me if they've had good experience with them? Thanks in advance!

My daughter has a gymtek leo and she loves the fabric. She doesn't like the fit, it's very tight across the front of her shoulders/chest. She's muscular but not overly muscular for a 9 year old gymnast. But she won the leo from GK after we registered, so I hate to say anything bad. She really loves their leos in general so we might try a size larger.

The GymTek leos are designed to get tighter on the gymnast for higher compression and more efficient moisture "wicking." The line is much more than just a different fabric though. It's truly designed for serious workout sessions, the compression fabric fits like a soft, second skin. The seams are flatlock which means no interior thread and fabric bulk so after hours of practice, you don't have the abraision and skin irritation that interior seams can cause. And a great feature is no tags!

Hmm. I wonder what "apparel line" you work for - LOL. Although this may explain why it was tighter across the chest for gasrgoose (and I can't comment on that as the length was so absolutely huge for DD we didn't pay attention to any other aspect), it doesn't explain the huge size issue we had. Seriously, I compared it to DD's other GK leos of the same size (and we have MANY), and it was so huge - approx 1.5 sizes bigger. There is nothing wrong with it running large, but I just wish I had known that before we ordered. I would have ordered a different size. Like I said, the material was nice.

Hmm. I wonder what "apparel line" you work for - LOL. Although this may explain why it was tighter across the chest for gasrgoose (and I can't comment on that as the length was so absolutely huge for DD we didn't pay attention to any other aspect), it doesn't explain the huge size issue we had. Seriously, I compared it to DD's other GK leos of the same size (and we have MANY), and it was so huge - approx 1.5 sizes bigger. There is nothing wrong with it running large, but I just wish I had known that before we ordered. I would have ordered a different size. Like I said, the material was nice.

Just banned Irish girl for pushing her product. She knows full well that GKelite have been offered advertising opportunities here before and that they have continued to try to push their products for free on the CB. Using a GKelite email address was a bit of a giveaway, but ip tracking is easy too.

GKelite, how about you pay for advertising here, just like all our great advertisers who benefit from our huge membership.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back