GK vs. SATARA vs. ALPHA FACTOR leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hey, i was wondering what you guys think of all these brands, if youve tried out one or more of them. ive tried satara and gk, but not alpha factor. what do you think of their pricing for each of the brands?

what about custom pricing for each brand? if youve had a custom leotard from them (sleeveless or competition style) then please tell me the approximate price. i am looking to buy a few leotards for myself and i cannot figure out which one i should do, since my favorite is gk, but their custom pricing is very high.

We don't buy Alpha Factor as my daughter says it's the only leo that always rides up. They love GK and Satara and Adidas.

My DD loves Snowflake.... I'm sad to hear that Alpha factor rides up??? That's what her new team leos are for the upcoming year!!! YIKES!!!

hey, i was wondering what you guys think of all these brands, if youve tried out one or more of them. ive tried satara and gk, but not alpha factor. what do you think of their pricing for each of the brands?

what about custom pricing for each brand? if youve had a custom leotard from them (sleeveless or competition style) then please tell me the approximate price. i am looking to buy a few leotards for myself and i cannot figure out which one i should do, since my favorite is gk, but their custom pricing is very high.

GK may seem a bit high in their custom pricing but they guarantee their stuff, period. My daughter's friend was at a gym that had GK team leos in an odd fabric and the color washed out of most of them with a single washing and GK replaced all 100 leos!!

We always had a team leo from GK and if there has ever been a problem, they deal with it. I have sent back a competition leo with a couple of missing crystals and told them they needed to be replaced and that her next meet was in 3 weeks and it was back in our hands the Wednesday before the meet. So you might pay 150-250 for the leo but you get what you pay for...

My dd loves GK Elite and K-Bee Leos. Also, I found some really cute ones that are a great price on gymnasticsolutions.com

For comp. custom orders, we like GK. We tried Alpha Factor last year. Even after having sizing leos shipped to us and tried on, the leos did not fit the girls. They are small in hips and wider in the shoulders. The girls had gaps around the shoulders. Plus the quality was awful. The diamonds fell off and lining was cut uneven. Customer service would not return our calls and emails. We ended up not using them and buying instock GK leos. We will only do GK from now on.
Now for workout leos, we do Satara, GK, Snowflake, and Motionwear. GK runs small. Snowflake runs like GK. Motionwear runs funny. Satara runs differentely too. LOL

We have tried GK and the quality is fantastic! I'm glad to hear they stand behind their stuff because my daughter's comp leo the arms didn't wash properly this year. The finished is affected but I told her I'm not buying another one wear it like it is!

We have bought jagwear, Gk, Alpha factor, Snowflake, Saucy's world, and Jillybeans. For comfort and price in everyday training my daughter likes Jillybeans. For 2 peice leos she likes jagwear. They are leos but without the crotch. You wear shorts really comfy and popular with the older girls. They are called jag tops.

For practice leos, we have had mainly Snowflake and GK, but when I just got DD new ones I ordered from Tumblewear and so far we like them as well! They have some fun styles and colors and I found them to be pretty affordable.

Our team leo is usually GK.

Our team leos are Dreamlight and the quality is excellent. They are VERY pricey though. For regular practice we usually get GK or Alpha Factor or Adidas by GK. GK usually runs smaller than AF by 1 size. I usually buy them on Ebay as you get more for your money.

I like GK and alpha factor if I'm wearing. Satara never fit me right, nor did motionwear, wearas I can still buy GK and have them fit (I'm one of those wide shouldered no hipped limby semi-former gymnasts turned coach, there's loads of people who can wear any brand).

I love alpha factor... :rolleyes:

our team leos are from alpha factor and look amazing.. except for the fact that in our first season of having them half of the rhinestones fell off and we had to return them and get them fixed...

The rhinestones on my leo for club gymnastics all fell off, and it was a GK leo. My highschool gymnastics one is also GK, but most of the rhinestones stayed on...

During my days a gymnast I lived near the GK and Alpha Factor outlets where we could get awesome prices, so most of my leos came from there. As a younger gymnast I didn't really care one way or the other, but as a teenager I preferred GK because the Alpha Factor ones had a very "granny" like cut and made my legs look short and stumpy. Not a good thing for someone with very solid thighs in the first place. I much preferred the fit of the GK leos.
For competition leos, I had 2 from Alpha Factor- the second was a terrible style and looked awful on me, but the coaches were probably more to blame for that atrocity than the company. I had 1 from The Zone out of the UK- TERRIBLE fit. They rode up like crazy and we were terribly uncomfortable at meets. Some parents remarked that watching us was borderline obscene they gave us such huge wedgies. Not a good experience. I also had 2 from GK which were fine, no problems with them at all.

our team leos are from alpha factor and look amazing.. except for the fact that in our first season of having them half of the rhinestones fell off and we had to return them and get them fixed...

Yes, that is same problem we had too. And the lining was HORRIBLE. They looked like a bunch of beginner home ec. students sewed them. The cut was not made for girls without curves yet. Wide through the chest and narrow through the hips. I think had the girls been in ther mid teens the fit would have been better.

Yes, that is same problem we had too. And the lining was HORRIBLE. They looked like a bunch of beginner home ec. students sewed them. The cut was not made for girls without curves yet. Wide through the chest and narrow through the hips. I think had the girls been in ther mid teens the fit would have been better.

I definitely believe that. It's probably not a coincidence that Alpha Factor is very popular in NCAA. I, too, love the cut, but I'm also a 23 year old gym granny

k-bee's necklines look really high from the pictures.. but then again, there aren't actually gymnasts wearing them so I wouldn't know..? but i HATE necklines that r too high and i can NOT stand them. so anyone that has or had a k-bee leo please give me your opinion ASAP! :) thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back