Parents GK Warmup Sizing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ac7179

Coach
Proud Parent
My child wears a size AXS leotard. She wears a size 10 in pants.

I'm having the hardest time deciding what size GK warmups to get her. I hear they run small, but I don't know if they run small enough to move her up to an AXS in the warmups? I don't want the sleeves or length to be too long.

If any of your kids wear a size 10 in pants, can you tell me what size warmups they wear and how they fit?

I'm in car line right now. I'll check her warmups when I get home. Your DD sounds a lot like mine! AXS, though still some CL leotards.. Depending on brand, etc. Size 10 pants. She got her warmups last year, but they still fit.

Yes, she can still wear her old CL leos, but now when I buy new I buy AXS. If you wouldn't mind looking when you get home I'd appreciate it! Our warmups are GK brand.

My dd wears 10 in pants and axs in leos. I ordered her a youth med in gk warmups. They fit in the waist but i had to have them hemmed.

the GK warmup pants we have are WAY too long. My DD wears AXS/AS leotards, size 12 pants and got AS warmups. Pants need to be hemmed about 6 inches.

I guess it really depends on what kind of warmups you have...? The ones we have that are way too long are like real warm ups, that came with a jacket. On the other hand, we also have GK cottony yoga type pants that ran true to size. DD's size 10 of those are too short by a few inches and a bit tight....that would be typical of size 10 pants for her right now. But the warmups that are too big go by small, medium, large, not 8, 10, 12, etc..

What kind of warmups are you getting? My DD is the exact same size. Axs in all new Leo's, cl still for and 10 pants. We went with axs for for the warmups, but they are using gk Capri style leggings. The jacket we got is a child medium though. Weird sizing.

My dds comp Leo is a CL, I bought her the youth medium warmups after trying them on. She normally wears a sz 7/8 in jeans and pants but the youth small were snug around her hips (but fit well in length) the youth medium were long in the rise (she rolls the waist once or twice) and I hemmed them about 4". They run really, really long IMHO. The youth smalls would have probably worked but they just looked a little too snug so we went up a size and knew ahead that I would need to hem them by quite a bit. I found the sizing to be really odd, there was a huge difference in length between those two sizes but the youth extra small and small were fairly close. I'm glad we had a chance to try them on before ordering!

Yeah, guess it depends! Ours are GK, both jacket and pants say Y10. I'd post a picture, but her team/gym stuff is on the back.

Just looked again and the hem is more like 6"... Not that it matters, it only shows what a huge difference in length there is between the youth small and youth medium... This is GK the traditional track suit style.

My DD wears a 10 in pants and shirts and an AXS in GK Leos-- she is a CL in GK warmups. CM pants and jacket were too short (outgrew her old CM ones). I would say GK warmups run BIGGER than their leos.

What kind of warmups are you getting? My DD is the exact same size. Axs in all new Leo's, cl still for and 10 pants. We went with axs for for the warmups, but they are using gk Capri style leggings. The jacket we got is a child medium though. Weird sizing.

DD wears size 10 pants (4'10"), her new leo is Dreamlight AXS (wearing CL mostly, but a few AXS). They got GK capri leggings and her jacket I believe is AS. They were sized by our GK rep. Her old warmups (GK and Dreamlight), the pants were always about 6" too long while the same size jacket fit correctly!

My daughters wear a size 10 slim in jeans, 10/12 tops. In leos, we always buy AXS now and the GK leos are usually perfect, with a bit a growing room. Our new GK warm up jacket was ordered in an AXS, and it is a bit on the big side, but as someone pointed out, the warm-ups tend to run larger than the leos. Our gym also ordered GK capri leggings, instead of long pants. The AXS, are also a tad big, but wearable. Since I have to buy 2 of everything, I am happy to get two seasons out of them! lol
BTW, our brand new gorgeous GK leos ran very small, smaller than their regular leos. But, I think it is the material that our gym chose.....sigh...lol

OH, and we were also sized by the GK rep. She recommended CL for my daughters. Thankfully I didn't listen to her, or their leotards would have been too small. ;)

We have had GK up til this season. for 2011-12 season, the GK rep came and fitted everybody (brought NYLON sizing leotards and sample warm ups). OG (at the time Size 10 pants and AXS Leotard... but could wear AS and CL also) Got sized as CL warm ups and AS leotard... because I said go to the AS since her last 2 years had been AXS and they were switching from velvet to mystique.
YG (at the time, size 7 slim pants and CM/CL leotards) was sized as a CM in both Warm Ups and Leo... because with the NYLON sizing leotard, it looked like it would be too big.
They both wore their warm ups for 2 seasons and they fit... they both ended up needing bigger leotards before the end of the 2nd season (but of course, they had been discontinued and GK could not make them anymore). OG was able to trade to get the size she needed and YG suffered through the season... literally had to PEEL it off of her after the "Last Chance Qualifier Meet... the meet lasted 30 minutes. she put the leo on 15 minutes before the meet and took it off as soon as it was over, so less than an hour. Then we borrowed an AXS for Nationals . . .
This year, we got new leos... I purposely wrote in YG's size after the coach took the measurements. (AXS). I asked OG which size she wanted so I could write hers in too... She chose AS... then grew... I am ordering a new one this month so she will have it some time in January. Her sister will be able to wear the AS by Nationals and I can sell the AXS to another team member later. :)

dd is 10 and wears a 10 slim. She mostly wears AXS leos. Her GK capri warm-up pants are CM and I was SURE they wouldn't fit, but they do and look fine-she just got them last week. Her old GK warm-up suit is a CM and still fits, but it was Adidas which they don't use now. I'll be curious to see what they get for jackets-so far, we haven't seen the new jackets, the girls got really cool t-shirts to wear but supposedly jackets are coming, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back