WAG Going back to the gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Brittneyyy

Gymnast
On March 24th, I broke my ankle in two different parts and shifted a bone while tumbling, I didn't get my cast off until June 14th, that next week we went on vacation.
I struggle with an eating disorder, anorexia to be exact, during the vacation my mom noticed I was underweight and wasn't eating good. I went to an eating disorder facility for a month. When I came home I wasn't healthy enough to go back to the gym.
Now I am eating healthy and I'm healthy enough to go back to the gym. The only problem is, I haven't been this whole summer. I was thinking about quitting, figuring I'm far behind. But I decided I love the sport and should go back. I'm going back this upcoming Tuesday. I'm really nervous because I'm pretty far behind and I've lost some muscle and am still kind of weak. Any tips on anything I just mentioned?

Try not to overwork yourself. You will be a bit behind, but don't over exercise to try to regain your muscle. Make sure you continue eating right and eat more calories than you do now due to the exercise.
Take it slow and do not overwork yourself. Try not to get frustrated if you don't get your skills back right away. Depending on your level, the lack of muscle may not be a huge deal, the skills may be a bit more muscle memory.
Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Try not to overwork yourself. You will be a bit behind, but don't over exercise to try to regain your muscle. Make sure you continue eating right and eat more calories than you do now due to the exercise.
Take it slow and do not overwork yourself. Try not to get frustrated if you don't get your skills back right away. Depending on your level, the lack of muscle may not be a huge deal, the skills may be a bit more muscle memory.
Good luck!

Oh, thank god! Thank you! Do you have an idea on what the ideal calorie intake should be for a gymnast?

Absolutely no idea. It depends on the intensity of your workout, how often you workout, and also where your ideal weight is. Are seeing a doctor for your eating disorder? You should be able to talk to them about calorie intake as a gymnast.

Absolutely no idea. It depends on the intensity of your workout, how often you workout, and also where your ideal weight is. Are seeing a doctor for your eating disorder? You should be able to talk to them about calorie intake as a gymnast.

Yes, I am, I have a whole treatment team. I'll ask my nutritionist. Thanks again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back