Good gyms in San Diego

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

momof5

Proud Parent
My husband is looking into a good job possibility in San Diego and I was wondering if any one knows of some good gyms in the area. DD will be a level 8 next year so I am looking for a gym with a good optional program. She has also said that she would like to do elite in the future so I would like to know what the best programs in the area are.

It depends on the area of San Diego that you are in, as the area is quite large and traffic can be horrendous! For example, SCEGA was mentioned above (and it really does have a huge, successful program), but it would be a crazy drive every day if you are closer to downtown. If you are going to be in north county, it would not be as bad....but still some bad traffic in rush hour. I would figure out where in San Diego and go from there. San Diego is a wonderful area to live and there are a number of good gyms! Good luck with your move.

Yes, it is scenic, and a great gym, but I used to drive from Escondido north that way through Temecula about once a month, and the evening traffic was not fun at all...I don't think I would want to do it several times a week.

Poway Gymnastics is another SD gym - don't know much about them but they usually host an invitationl (SD Classic) and this year hosted Westerns...certainly would be closer than SCEGA! :)

Poway Gymnastics is also a great gym. It just depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a great gym...there are many. If you are looking for the best in the area...then there is SCEGA.

scega is a great gym. i have met people from there and have seen them at meets. very established gym with great results. JBS is right there is many great gyms in SD. My friend lives there and does gym and tells me all about it.

The Chalk Bucket was created in San Diego...I coached there for 8 years and my wife for 10. :)

Okay, so what gyms do you recommend if you are NOT able to go to SCEGA? what about more central san diego? I have a friend who is moving in the next couple months and she's worried about finding one for her daughter, too. I told her about SCEGA, and she said it is too far of a drive from where they will be. I see there are a ton of gyms, which would you visit first?

I have heard about Elite Gymnastics and Poway...that's about it...

thanks in advance!!

it depends what type of program they are looking for, competitive/more relaxed and what her goals are. i would recommend maybe TRC South or Victory i have heard good things from both and seen good results from both gyms :D

Okay, so what gyms do you recommend if you are NOT able to go to SCEGA? what about more central san diego? I have a friend who is moving in the next couple months and she's worried about finding one for her daughter, too. I told her about SCEGA, and she said it is too far of a drive from where they will be. I see there are a ton of gyms, which would you visit first?

I have heard about Elite Gymnastics and Poway...that's about it...

thanks in advance!!

I was in San Diego for a while and have many friends out there. They are all at different gyms...good gyms. As with any location...you just need to find the gym that fits you and your family. Check them all out. Don't rush into a decision...feel them all out and do what works.

Like it was said before SCEGA is quite far from San Diego to make the drive everyday. They have produce great results but they are a huge factory like gym, meaning if your daughter will be a number, if your daughter is a bit older, a slow learner or likes a very personal hands on approach to coaching I would not recommend SCEGA. Victory SD has a nice facility and decent compulsory but they are not known for optionals. TRC South is another good gym they have solid optionals. Now if you consider SCEGA you should also consider Azarian, NGTC and Olympica which are in the Laguna niguel area, a little bit farther than Temecula (Scega) but not so bad,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back