GREAT NEWS!!! So excited!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My family is somewhat (although not terribly) financially disadvantaged, so I usually pay about a third of the monthly cost of gymnastics (total is $165, not bad considering what other gyms might charge, but I pay the $65) with my pocket money and odd jobs. For example, this past winter I let the neighbor's dogs out while she taught elementary school (I was homeschooled at the time) for $50 a month, which is pretty awesome. Even so, after school ended the money ran out quickly, and lemonade stands are not very profitable in a small neighborhood. I was down to drawing doodly stuff on gift boxes and hoping they'd be good enough to sell. This month I pretty much ran out of money. I have like $3. :eek:

But today, my Mom talked with a staff member at the gym about me helping with birthday parties on weekends, and they said yes!! We'd talked to them about it about a year ago but I really wasn't old enough. All I have to do is sign up for the dates that are good for me. :D

Basically, there is an older coach (like 18+) and a younger person (like me!) running the party. First the kids stretch and do a relay race, and then they split up and rotate from an obstacle course to the trampoline, and the older coach does trampoline and the younger one watches the obstacle course to make sure nobody does anything crazy or hurts themselves. Then we serve cake and clean up.

I'd be getting $25 a party!!! If I do one party a week, that's $100 dollars per month! :eek: Enough to pay for gymnastics, random teenager crap and new leotard (which I desperately need)! And I have the option to do more, if the dates aren't taken! I don't have to worry about buying my comp leo and warmups anymore! SOOO HAPPY!!!!! :D

Last edited:
That's great! I just started working birthday parties at my gym too - which is great because nobody needs a babysitter in my neighborhood. :p

That is so awesome!!! Good for you!!! Dani can't wait til she is old enough to start helping out with Birthday parties and summer camps at the gym. I bet you will make a great party coordinator and coach someday!!

that's awesome! i wish i was old enough to do stuff like that at the gym cuz i need money for camps!!

That is SO awesome!! Bug props to you for being so industrious and working towards your goal! You have a winners spirit and you should be proud. Thus resolve will serve you well!! Yay for less stress and extra $$.

That's great my son when he was younger did the b-day parties and there were usually 2-3 almost every Sat and he did them all most weekends and got $30 a party. Now he is 18 he is the "adult" in charge when they have b-day parties. In the summer he also helped out the gyms day camp too.

Now that he is older he became one of the boys team coaches and is in charge of the L4 and L5 boys this year. He loves it and it fits into his college schedule too.

who knows maybe you might get to be a rec jr coach to coach too.

What size leo's do you need. My DD just cleaned out her closet and we have a bunch of leos that don't fit anymore. I was going to donate them but if you need them and they are your size I'll send them to you. Most are GK leos and she only wore a few times. Her grandmother buys her like 5 or 6 each christmas (THANK GOD) so she had a whole draw full of them. She could have easily gone a month before needing to wash a leo.

Congratulations. Not only is it a good way for you to earn money now, but this will be great experience for you. Trust me, when you are looking for a job in college, even if it isn't in a gym, people will know that you are a hard worker and can deal with crazy situations.

Sounds just what you need. Well done for being someone reliable and sensible enough to employ. A couple of parties a week could really change things for you. Brilliant and congratulations!

That is awesome! I agree with others; this will serve you well not only now, but in the future! You're obviously a person who is totally willing to work hard and think outside the box to get where you want to go, which is a powerful combination. Great job! Much applause to you . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back