WAG Grips- Soft Leather?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I read through a lot of posts about grips here but didn't see much information about Gibson grips. DD is 7 and entering level 4 and it will be her first pair of grips. Her coach asks that the girls at this level get Gibson single buckle 'Just Right' grips (narrow for small hands). That wouldn't necessarily be my first choice based on what I have read here but that's what he wants so we'll go with it. There is both a soft-leather and standard option and my first thought was to get the soft-leather thinking it would break in more easily, but when I called Gibson to ask about not being able to order it online the rep stated that almost everyone orders the standard so you have to call to order the soft-leather. That got me wondering if I should go with the standard leather and not the soft if the soft is not very popular? What are the advantages/disadvantages of soft leather? And is there one that is better for smaller hands and newbies? Thanks!!!

The Gibson Just Right narrow was my daughter's first grip. She used them for old L5 and old L6. I believe she had the regular ones. If I recall correctly, they broke in easily. In fact, I think by her second year (L6) we were replacing them every two months. That's when I decided we needed to switch grips. If your daughter is very tiny and very light weight, the soft leather may be an easier transition from are hands to grips. But we used the regular ones and had no issues.

Thank you both for your reply. Guess I'll go with the standard . Dunno- soft leather too flimsy? Just wondering what the problem with it is.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back