Gymnasts Growth spurt

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LuluGymnast

Gymnast
I am in xcel gold and just got a little growth spurt of like half an inch and just that much height has really thrown me off. I am falling on my cartwheel on beam, not landing my front tuck dismount, and having very weird tumbling passes. My consistent Kip is now very inconsistent and my cast is not above horizontal which is what it needs to be. How can I feel more in control of my body and try to figure out where I am in the air? If anyone has any tips, I’d love to hear them!
I also have state this weekend so it’d be good to know some quick fixes

Unfortunately it just takes time to adjust. Get as many reps in as you can and try to be comfortable knowing that you might not get your best results at state.

There's not much in the way of a quick fix if you are adjusting to your new height, but may I suggest that part of your struggles from your growth spurt may be stemming from your body's demands for more caloric intake. i.e. when you grow, you need more nutrition to fuel the growing. Prioritizing sleep, hydration and proper fueling is the best advice I could give you with just a couple of days left until States. Check out this blog for more info on the nutrition piece - good luck!

There's not much in the way of a quick fix if you are adjusting to your new height, but may I suggest that part of your struggles from your growth spurt may be stemming from your body's demands for more caloric intake. i.e. when you grow, you need more nutrition to fuel the growing. Prioritizing sleep, hydration and proper fueling is the best advice I could give you with just a couple of days left until States. Check out this blog for more info on the nutrition piece - good luck!
Thank you for the advice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back