Parents Guinea pig for upper levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlymomof3

Proud Parent
Hey all!
I posted a while ago about Dd being at a gym where the optional coach left and took all her gymnasts with her. It was devastating for the gyms team program and they are now in the rebuilding stage with about 12 girls training levels 4-7.

We have brand new coaches that are excellent, but have never coached optional gymnasts before. Dd, age 8, competed level 3 last January, level 4 last fall and her coaches are training her to compete the new level 5 this fall, after scoring out of the current level 5. So she is quickly moving up toward optionals.

My question? There is a gym the same distance from our home that has a successful optional program and also has more safety equipment (i.e. foam pits) for the crazy upper level tricks. I am tempted to move Dd soon because I am worried about her being the guinea pig for the optional program at our current gym. I would rather she be with coaches that have been spotting that stuff for a long time. Is it worth it to move her if she loves where she is at?

Sorry about the editing! I couldn't get my post to work on my computer so I did it on my phone, but it looks terrible!!

thats one of the reasons we are witching gyms after this meet season. I think DD will have a great future in gym if she sticks with it. I want to give her the best opportunities, even if it means leaving the gym been going to since she could walk.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back