WAG Gym Rant!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ditto the comfy clothes for my dd too. She's in grade 7 and i have seen the "fashions" that some of the regular stream kids wear and i will takes sweats and tees, leggings and hoodies over that any day for my 12 year old!

I am rather restrictive, perhaps because of my own experiences with fashion as a teen in the late 80s early 90s.

I was also somewhat of a Gymboree addict when she was little so I got most of that cutesy clothes phase out of my system then.

Oh, how I still miss Gymboree! My dd is now 12-has her own style I refer to as suburban 'hood. Sweatpants, oversized sweatshirt and timberland boots....not tied. It's quite the look. She does have some very nice stuff she pulls out-but she prefers comfort over style.

13 year old DD loves the PINK bras....they do grow up despite what we wish! However, her's is covered with tanks, sweatshirts and jeans....so, I'm OK with that....she was "blessed" with the need for a nice bra...

My girls are not only gymnasts, but they homeschool too. That means there are many days that go right from pjs to leotards to pjs again. I gotta say I kinda miss school clothes shopping with my girls. They both have their own styles though, which are generally mishmashed from different thrift stores. Both definitely have their girly sides, and the stores they aren't allowed to shop (pink)- and that they refuse to shop due to principles (Abercrombie).. I like that they're individualists, but do wish that they were easier to shop for!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back