Parents Gym Vacation Week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In Australia most gyms closed for a few weeks in Summer over the. Christmas/New Year period. It would be very a rare to be open then.

Lol, we have had the week of July 4th off EVERY year... TECHNICALLY, the gym is closed that week, BUT we will have 8 girls competing at Y Nationals on July 3 and 20 competing on July 4.
Then, the next 2 weeks are for rec gymnastics camp - no practices... however, team gymnasts can come in during camp and work on the "extra" apparatus or be a jr camp counselor. This is free for those who competed this season. Then, the last week of July, there are no practices. So, honestly, team girls CAN have the entire MONTH of July off if they so choose.

Our gym never closes. Well, it does for holidays, but if your team is scheduled for practice on a holiday, they reschedule you for a different day. The gym closes for 1-2 weeks for rec girls between each session, but not for team.

We are closed on major holidays, the whole gym. But we don't have any entire weeks off. Vacations are parents choice, but we usually go in the summer.

old gym never closed, but who cares when coaches walk around on the phone all of the time. New gym closes for four weeks a year. 4th of July week, two for Christmas, and the other one for our gym meet(I guess to set up the gym).

Our gym is closed for rec in all school holidays. There's camp in the school holidays for those who want to still do gym.

For team there are closures for a few days over Christmas, Easter weekend, the week after our host meet (late April) and part of the summer (usually a couple of weeks). Summer is pretty low-key anyway - you are encouraged to train on certain days, but it isn't required.

One week off end of August, a couple days off here and there for holidays...Probably totals less than 15 days a year off for team. Families encouraged to take vacation during week of - some do - many take much more - now that DD is L8 it does show....

With 3 kids doing competitive gym we are too poor for vacations....kids don't miss many practices, though!

Our gym also closes the week of July 4th. We're also closed the week of Christymas/New Year to everyone EXCEPT team girls. LOL! The girls DO get major holidays though. No gym tonight!

Our gym closes the week most area schools are out in May or early June and then usually the week around 4th of July but this year it will be closed in mid July so our HC can go to Nationals for Tumbling. Other than that, it isn't closed for the team girls.

Gym closing vs. team vacation are different.

The gym (rec, camp, etc) closes twice a year I think, I don't pay attention because it does not affect me, although I believe one of those weeks is Christmas time.

USAG Girls Team is off July 4th week plus one week in August, usually first or second. This is when most team members will vacation although being out another 1-2 weeks during the summer is not frowned upon. Some of the younger compulsories still go to gymnastics camp like IGC or Woodward. The upper optionals take a few days off if attending a college camp or some family vacation with fixed dates that cannot fit into the above.

Our gym does not close except for the holidays such as 4th of July, Christmas, etc.

We WILL be gone on vacation, however, for 2.5 weeks in July and another 1 week in August.

2.5 weeks off for national girls, starting mid last week of June, to coincide with the end of the school year.

3.5 weeks off for other team girls (4.5 weeks off for our version of preteam).

A lighter schedule at Christmas but no full week(s) off.

Our gym closes for a week at Memorial Day and the first week of July. We are also closed the 2 weeks after Christmas, for rec, but team still practices.

Lol, we have had the week of July 4th off EVERY year... TECHNICALLY, the gym is closed that week, BUT we will have 8 girls competing at Y Nationals on July 3 and 20 competing on July 4.
Then, the next 2 weeks are for rec gymnastics camp - no practices... however, team gymnasts can come in during camp and work on the "extra" apparatus or be a jr camp counselor. This is free for those who competed this season. Then, the last week of July, there are no practices. So, honestly, team girls CAN have the entire MONTH of July off if they so choose.
Actually, we will have the week of July 6-12 off completely... then the 2 weeks of rec camp... then the last week of July going into August off. Regular practices will resume August 4.
We will have Labor Day, the week of Thanksgiving, and then Dec. 20-Jan 4 off.

Only closed on major holidays. I suggested they close for a week in the summer, so everyone (including coaches) could take a vacation and not miss gym. I was told that everyone would take that week and still plan their vacations on other weeks, so what was the point.

Our gym is closed next week for all team athletes but the rec sideis still open. They don't call it vacation, they call it shut down and I think that's when they do renovations and replace equipment, etc.

And if our family could afford a vacation after all this gymnastics tuition etc, we would take one. but alas.... well, we do have a pool so that sort of counts.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back