WAG Gymnast wrist

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mish, when my son was going through this, his orthopedist diagnosed from XRays, but when pain recurred, he ordered an MRI just to rule out problems that XRays would not pick up. Not sure if you are working with an experienced orthopedist, but I'd say after dealing with DS and watching a few of his teammates go through issues, one quite significant, better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the info. She had MRI when initial injury but not since. Most recent injury showed nothing on Xray. Maybe I should suggest if pain continues. Ugh I hate gymnastics (a love hate relationship :confused:)

Make sure you get a good eye on her biomechanics. If you can find a PT that is well educated in gymnastics that would be the best resource. Little things cause big issues when you start skills with more impact, for example, locking elbows causing gymnast wrist. The problem is in the forces not being taken in the shoulder girdle. Locking the elbows allows the skills to be done without the strength coming from the shoulders, but causes all the forces to be taken in the elbows and wrists. This sort of thing can be hard to identify by an untrained eye as the skill will look like it is being executed just fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back