WAG Gymnastics Injuries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had a partial achilles tear from landing short on BLO. I didn't have surgery, and it mostly resolved with PT but still bothers me at times (injury occurred three years ago). I also sprained each wrist at different times doing BHS on beam due to landing slightly off the side. I started wearing tiger paws on other events after that, and that kept the pain minimized.
Other injuries I've had: disc torsion in back (due to excessive numbers of BWO on beam), sprained both elbows at once peeling off on tap swings and landing on locked arms, sprained (possibly fractured...we never got it checked. Oops) foot from tripping on a mat. It swelled every time I worked out for over a year after it happened. And persistent shoulder issues due to an acromial abnormality

Well, mine jus thurt his shoulder last night...I'll keep you posted....

Reactions: sce
As a coach, the primary overuse/growth related injury we have dealt with is Severs. As a gymnast - ankle sprains, patella tendonitis, and impingement syndrome (shoulder). Now (retired from gymnastics) I also have torn labrum in both hips - definitely from gymnastics, but no actual hip injury. As of yet, these do not bother me and were found due to unrelated injury.

Partial tear of the rotator cuff, specifically the supraspinatus muscle. Grade 1 most likely. SHe said a month to full strength, maybe a bit more, or less. PT here we come.

Partial tear of the rotator cuff, specifically the supraspinatus muscle. Grade 1 most likely. SHe said a month to full strength, maybe a bit more, or less. PT here we come.
So sorry, but glad it's not too serious.

Darn it! After such an amazing year. At least it is grade 1, but I am sure he is frustrated. Good thoughts go to him!

Darn it! After such an amazing year. At least it is grade 1, but I am sure he is frustrated. Good thoughts go to him!

Thanks. He is in pretty good spirits this weekend. He is doing a decent job of doing what the doctor told him. We see the sports med guy on Friday for a follow up and start pt the next week.

More research on injuries and prevention is awesome! I would love to see some research elbow injuries and overuse. Good luck!

My daughter had a stress reaction in her L 4 last year. She was out longer than other girls with an actual fracture. Nine weeks of pt. I t was 6 months after diagnosis until I heard her not complain of pain. We see a chiro now to help work out pain all over. Currently she is dealing with shin splints. She has also had pain in all growth plates including wrist. Hard sport!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back