Gymnastics Pins

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastJoy

Proud Parent
Do any of you/your dd/ds collect gymnastics pins? I had bought a few once that came with meet goody bags but am now thinking of a "collection" for dd to reflect on her gymnastics experience as a keepsake. I'm thinking to mark each level (she's only L5 currently almost L6) and then for making it to States, etc. Anyone do this or what specifically do you do? Pins seem to be relatively inexpensive and don't take up much room .;)

When my ds was in gymnastics, he collected pins. He would get a pin the first time he received a 9 on an apparatus for the season. We would get a pin depicting that apparatus (ie: a pbars pin for a 9 on pbars). He only received one when he received the first 9 of each season which made them special. he would place them on his gym bag and then had a visual reminder of his accomplishments.

Yes, I got my dd the level pins last year and this. I like the idea of getting the pins for a 9 or greater, too. I think they're a fun, inexpensive keepsake and they don't take up much room.

Yes, we do pins too. I buy her a pin at every meet (granted she's only done 2 so far) instead of t-shirts etc. She collects them on her gym bag. She also has a level pin and some other cute ones for her favorite event (bars). I haven't gotten any for her scores as she's little and scores don't mean much right now. I don't want her to think I'm focused on her scores. If she makes it to states as she moves up the levels than I would get those type of pins too. She also has a few general ones like "gymnastics chick" with baby chicks on it and the popular "peace, love, gymnastics." Cafe press has cheap pins/ buttons with gymnastics themes.

Yes, she has a pin for each level, a pin for each states meet, a pin for each FIRST time she scores a 9 on each apparatus that year, a "got my Kip" pin, etc. They're not expensive, she puts them on her gym bag, and it's a nice, low-key way to celebrate milestones.

She did but the gym we are at now doesn't so she has stopped collecting the pins now she is into the charms they have (like the pins but for a charm bracelet)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back