Gymnastics show - need some theme ideas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bajanswife

Proud Parent
Our annual fundraising gymnastics show is at the end of June, and we don't have a theme for it yet. Can anyone share fun and successful themes their gym may have had in the past, for shows or meets (we could adapt it).

Last year was Michael Jackson, for obvious reasons. The finale (performed by the senior team) was to "Bad", and was very cool with hats and the glove. I think "disco" was the theme the year before that. This year there are no events that are prompting any kind of theme, so we may just need something fun.

Ideas????

Beach theme? (fun in the sun or something like that)
4th of July/patriotic theme?
Vegas?
Hollywood?
Multicultural?
70's?
Tumbling Monkeys?

You could do something like retro/70s! We had a meet that was retro-themed this year, and the coaches and parents loved it. They were singing along with all the songs and such...my coach was like, "They played this at my prom!" and sang along while we were warming up on beam. This is bad because she is very tone deaf. It was hilarious, though.

Or "Through the Years" with Rock Around the Clock, Elvis, The Beatles, ABBA, funk music...like a musical timeline of the beginning of rock n' roll through today.

Beach theme? (fun in the sun or something like that)
4th of July/patriotic theme?
Vegas?
Hollywood?
Multicultural?
70's?
Tumbling Monkeys?

Thanks for the ideas ...... I giggled at Tumbling Monkeys, because one of our coaches actually does a gig at some of the hotels where he is dressed as a green monkey (a National animal of our island) and he does acrobatics (he's an elite level gymnast).

I was looking at a Hollywood theme, actually. I guess we'd choose big movie songs that everyone would recognize. Not sure what leos we'd make, and any accessories to make it more "Hollywood". I also thought of "Broadway" as a theme.

You could do something like retro/70s! We had a meet that was retro-themed this year, and the coaches and parents loved it. They were singing along with all the songs and such...my coach was like, "They played this at my prom!" and sang along while we were warming up on beam. This is bad because she is very tone deaf. It was hilarious, though.

Or "Through the Years" with Rock Around the Clock, Elvis, The Beatles, ABBA, funk music...like a musical timeline of the beginning of rock n' roll through today.

Great ideas. I had wondered if a rock n roll theme would fly. How would you dress the girls? Usually we have the leos made, but the fabric choices might be limited here.

Disney
Through the decades
musicals
TV themes
Superheroes
Summer
Cartoons
Olympic games
the future
western
Circus
Fairy tales
One hit wonders
Sports

Disney
Through the decades
musicals
TV themes
Superheroes
Summer
Cartoons
Olympic games
the future
western
Circus
Fairy tales
One hit wonders
Sports

All great, thanks.

I particularly like Circus and future (or space-age type stuff). I can figure out the leos for those, but what music would you suggest? We would need about 5 or 6 songs plus a great one for the finale. I guess we could use themes from futuristic/space movies (e.g. Star Wars/Star Trek) but not sure what would work best for Circus and whether we'd have access to it (iTunes and the like are usually not available to us here in Barbados).

here in Portugal there was a group that used Super-heros once, and the year before Traffic signs
(like cars in a autoroad, I don't know).

Our annual fundraising gymnastics show is at the end of June, and we don't have a theme for it yet. Can anyone share fun and successful themes their gym may have had in the past, for shows or meets (we could adapt it).

Last year was Michael Jackson, for obvious reasons. The finale (performed by the senior team) was to "Bad", and was very cool with hats and the glove. I think "disco" was the theme the year before that. This year there are no events that are prompting any kind of theme, so we may just need something fun.

Ideas????
the wizard of oz- i went to this performance at a gym a couple of hours away last yr everyone loved it, they even had a little play, the girls danced to songs like umbrella (under my umbrella), they had a group of boys dressed as monkeys doing tramp tricks, little girls as lady bugs ect. the coaches did a performance too.

thriller?
theme park? (colourful ect)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back