Gymnix 2011

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A really great meet to watch. IN the next few days videos will pop up on youtube. Look for Angel Romoeao and Victoria Moors on floor. Angel thrilled the crowd, she is TINY and boy can she dance. SHe won the silver medal in a very strong feild of gymnast.

Gabrielle Jupp won gold on beam with Angel taking bronze. Angel also placed silver on beam.

Venus did not compete today or yesterday, so I am assuming she was injured.

A Belgian girl shone in the Classic competition, all seniors. He name was Julianne (?) Croquette and she was beautifully presented and won on all four apparatus.

The AUS girls were fun to watch, but they didn't place much, same for the Russian girls.

Here is the link to the results page. Results :: L'International Gymnix

DO look out for Angels floor routine though, it is AMAZING! Remembering that she is only 11 and was up against some very strong 15 year olds.

That routine is from the team comp yesterday, today's routine way even better, she wore a lovely yellow Leo and nailed every landing. She was tiny compared to everyone else, even the minuscule Jjapanese team.

I watched the team comp yesterday and there was some pretty amazing routines! I wanted to watch the event finals today but we had to catch a plane after the national novice's competed. The Russian girls were cool to watch as well. I wish the Belgian team would have done better though because they were doing well until bars where 2 girls crashed and at least one didnt finish her routine.

[video=youtube;F38yL8qCvRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F38yL8qCvRM[/video]

This is Angels Romaeo's event finals routine. As you can see she really nailed those tumbling passes. A grown up routine, but boy can she sell it.

Angel Romaeo's passes where really nice but her "dancing" didn't do anything for me. It was all about body waves and I found that part to be boring. I watched her beam routine and again she had body waves. It will be interesting to watch her mature and see how her routines grow as well.

Call me old fashioned but I feel like the graceful beauty of the floor routines is disappearing. Don't get me wrong, the tumbling in elite gymnastics is amazing but it seems like that is all the floor is about now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back