Parents Gyms:Far East dallas/mesquite.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flipnastic

Proud Parent
Hello! I have just learned some information about my daughters gym that I feel like it is important that we consider trying to find a new gym. We live in a town about 30 minutes south east of Dallas (Kaufman County). My daughter is talented… Don't worry, I'm not one of the crazy Gym moms that want their child to go to the Olympics. But, I do want her to go to a gym that will set her up to be a successful as she wants to be. I want her to have a fun and supportive environment while learning her skills correctly. I want her to be as successful as she wants to be and can be for as many years as she chooses to do gymnastics.

Do any of you know of any gyms that would be feasible in our area? Thank you so much for your input! I have been a part of this board for a very short time, and it has been so so helpful!

Or, information on how y'all picked the right Gym for your child. Questions Y'all asked when y'all called The gym, websites you were able to easily look competition up records for the gym, etc. I haven't tried to research this, but haven't had much luck. When I Google things, it seems like I pull up everything for Woga, asi or Texas dreams!

Check out mymeetscores.com

If you look at the last few state meets for your area you will be able to see what gyms are having good results. Make sure to look across all levels all the way up to level 10 to get a fuller picture. Choose a couple upper level girls and see how they progressed through the levels. You can then go looking for info on specific clubs which should yield better results.

I would then recommend visiting and watching practice without your dd to get a feel, then start talking to gyms. If your old gym doesn't know you are leaving or you haven't made up your mind if you are leaving then try to stay anonymous and/or be careful what you say to people.

I am not from Texas so can't help in that area but good luck to you in your search.

United Elite in Rockwall might be a good option. They have a strong team program, and their girls are training TOPS & Hopes. Meet scores won't tell the whole story. A couple of coaches moved there last summer from Metroplex and many of their girls followed them.

Oh wow! I think that Gym is about the same as our current gym as far as distance goes… I will definitely check them out. I had no idea there was anything other than ASI in Rockwall!

Is anyone familiar with Ridgewood at gymnastics in East Dallas/Lakewood area?
They have a pretty good compulsory program, but just a few optionals. Where do you live? Some of the Plano gyms that are close to George Bush might be an option.

United Elite in Rockwall might be a good option. They have a strong team program, and their girls are training TOPS & Hopes. Meet scores won't tell the whole story. A couple of coaches moved there last summer from Metroplex and many of their girls followed them.

One of those coaches returned to Metroplex a month or two ago

Ok!!! I have talked to them a couple of times and we sate going for an evaluation to see where/if my dd fits.

The level two coach sounded very nice on the phone. I really hope it works out!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back