Gyms in Richmond, Virginia

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mpkbt

Proud Parent
Hi All!
I need a little help. A good friend might move to the Richmond area and needs a new gym. She thought I might know one since we had lived in Virginia Beach area but it was so long ago that I am out of touch. I know there are a bunch of region 7 gymmies out there and would appreciate some insider knowledge. Her dd is a 13 yo level 7 and a very hard worker. She would like to do college gymnastics, so she needs a team that would help her get to 10. She is not a typical gymmie...a little older and a little taller than most but has a lot of heart and drive. If anyone out there knows of a gym in the area that would fit her needs, please let me know.
Thanks for your help!

There are several choices. Without going into politics or anything recent - personally for what you describe I would look at River City or Aerial East (Mechanicsville). Both excellent coaches and a more individualized approach, strong optional teams, a lot of experience. Aerial East is new but the coach is highly rated. If you could give me a little more information about where in Richmond/what suburb it might help. Mechanicsville is slightly northeast of Richmond so if they're locating somewhere like Chester which is south of Richmond it might be too far.

I am not from the area (from NoVa) but I have a good friend who still has a lot of family connections there in gymnastics and that would be my advice at this time. I've met the coaches from Aerial East and I am highly impressed with the credentials of the head coach.

Last edited:
I would also recommend Aerials East.. however, depending on where you are in Richmond, VIGS would also be an excellent choice. Great owners/coaches and wonderful facility.

aerials east...Dr. Pete Pidcoe is one of the most experienced, knowledgeable and published coaches in the US.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back