Coaches Half on, half off

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinklytoes9468

Coach
Proud Parent
should they continue turning in the same direction, or 'unwind' in the second half?
I have seen both, and I must say I think the former looks better.
I got to wondering whether the 'unwind' version id a compromise for gymnasts who can't get their hands all the way round?
Any guidance would be appreciated!

I agree they should continue in the same direction if possible. The 1/2 On- 1/2 Off is actually listed as 1/2 On - 1/2 Off OR 1/4 On - 3/4 Off... Which wouldn't work with the unwind version.

You talking about at Tsuk entry or arabian? In a Arabian we are continuing the same direction, in a Tsuk we Kaz to cartwheel out. (teaching the last 1/4 is last).

should they continue turning in the same direction, or 'unwind' in the second half?
I have seen both, and I must say I think the former looks better.
I got to wondering whether the 'unwind' version id a compromise for gymnasts who can't get their hands all the way round?
Any guidance would be appreciated!

if you stand to the side of the athlete you should see stomach on to the table and then back off the table. reverse for opposite direction. stomach/back or back/stomach connotes a full twist.

back/backs and stomach/stomachs are fakes. :)

oh...and the hands don't face the direction whence you came on the table. they're more to round off. the other way was the old long horse vault.

and as coachP pointed out...same concept for flipping. if you see stomach/stomach or back/back it's a Kas for conventional entry Tsuks with 1/2 turn. if you see stomach/back or back/stomach you're looking at a "true" Tsuk full. :)

are we going to get in to Yurchenko twisting now? :) Biles is "true" Tsuk to twist from board to mat. Maroney Kas. :):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back