Healthy diet??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what is a good healthy diet. Not to lose weight or anything but just to keep you energized and feeling good. Like any type of protein shakes or just daily needs like eat 2 pieces of fish a week, ect. I just think it will be alot easier to do gym and be able to wake up better for those early morning practices. ( It's just so fun getting up early on the one day you get to sleep in. ):p I will appreacite everyones answer!! :D

-Tabetha

I just try to eat lot's of fruit , vegie's , I am not A proteine junky lol I do eat it but I get way more energy from fruit :) .Just all I can say is don't eat junk an whean you do try to limit you portion an only onec an a wighle .Remeber whean ever you start something new this apply's to New sleep schedual ,more gym houres ,More school houre's The first week is ALLWAYS the hardest ,This defenitly apply's to diet .So is pretty simple :) It just might take getting used to !

diet should not be used anywhere in your vocabulary.

diet should not be used anywhere in your vocabulary.

Take it easy. I think that she meant her diet is what she eats. Honestly, I try to eat healthy too, being a gymnast nearly requires it. Don't worry, none of us are going anorexic here, I just know personally that I would also like to know what to eat so I would always feel good with my muscles, bones, and energy wise. Gymnastics can be a pain when your tired and sore :(

If you want information about healthy eating, then I suggest you make an appointment with a nutritionist. Or better yet, convince your gym owner to bring a nutritionist in for a clinic. That way everyone can benefit and cover the cost.

Don't worry, none of us are going anorexic here

Eh. You'd probably be surprised if you really think that's true.

But anyway, I think nutritional needs are fairly straightforward. The number one important thing is to get enough food. That might sound silly but a lot of teenage girls go wrong right there. You should probably try to fit a snack or two in at school but I know that can be difficult with some school rules, just do your best to eat at regular intervals. If you get plenty of water, fruit and vegetables, and eat a meal with good sources of carbs, fat, and protein (for example I don't eat meat, but I will eat brown rice with tofu or beans and maybe some olive oil and a vegetable. If you eat meat you might try some chicken).

If you are really concerned or feel your eating patterns are disordered, then you should see a nutritionist.

Thanks everyone for your answers! Oh and Dunno I'm not trying to lose weight or anythng just eat healthier. We just moved so I don't really have a doctor but my sister-in law would probabley know all about that type of stuff. Pineapple lump good idea now I just have to talk my coaches into letting us get a nurtrinest to come and talk. ;)

since you moved, and it looks like you're in alabama, tell either jim linderholm or vlady novikov that an old friend said to say hello. and that's if you end up at one their gyms.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back