WAG Heel protection for bar releases

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

justanothergymmom

Proud Parent
Just looking for suggestions on the best way to protect heels when learning releases...my daughter is getting close to catching and said it is time to put something on her heels. She mentioned knee pads (from Home Depot) or hockey elbow pads. Surely there is a product designed just for gymnasts, I am just not sure where to look. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Our elite girls wear hockey elbow pads. They say they work and fit the best. Not really sure if there is something out there just for gymnasts, as they were always talking about how hard it was to find the right thing. Good luck!

I have never seen anything specifically for gymnasts....and my daughter has always used hockey elbow pads and they have worked well...and they're not too expensive either (around 15 bucks)

My daughter made me buy her foam volleyball kneepads. They look like a rectangle that is slightly bent in the middle. Then she wanted another pair to wear with them. I have a feeling she was looking for the hockey elbow pads but ended up getting the volleyball knee pads that are sewn into a stretchy band that just slides on. We got them at sports store. Neither was very expensive.

yes. ^^^ hard cup underneath and soft pad over that.:)

when the heels come around faster than the upper body and hands. that is the short explanation. lol.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back