Hej!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! I just thought I do my first post to let you learn a little bit about me! I am a recreational gymnast in MA! Wahoo! I wish I could do it more! I started in what we think to be second grade and I am now in ninth! I was born with a bone and muscle syndrome called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. (EDS for short) I am currently in my first break of gymnastics- I havnt been to my gym in about 6 months... I really miss it! Moneys tight and doctors don't want me in it because of EdS...I have the form of EDS that is extreme hypermobility in all my joints... I can cause a lot of pain... But I can also do things that normal people can't because of my extreme flexability. I have read chalk bucket for a long time now and just finally joined... Some of the quotes you all have posted have helped me to get along this far in my life without gymnastics... I can't wait to begin again.... I will post my poem about my struggles sometime... Oh yeah- My name is Sarah...but many people call me Christina or Bug.

Hi, welcome my name is Jess i am 14 and also in REC :D There is a coach at my gym called christina her initials are CAS so we call her CASS lol

haha cool :) your welcome :) what are some skills you can do or are working on? :)

Hmm- I can do... Roundoff, splits, cartwheel, rolls, handstand, I have an unbelievable leaps jumps, mounts on the beam, I can get up on to the bars- stand, back hip circle, pullover, dive forward role, backbend. I almost have an Ariel, handstand on vault, back handspring...I had it and then I lost it...bridge kickover- always get it and lose it every year... Some more too- it's hard to think when your trying to think...

yeah haha i know when i list my skills i always leave out things lol here are mine:
beam: handstand, cartwheel, tuck jump, straight jump, split jump , arabesque, working leaps, handstand dismount...
bars: casts, cast to handstand, jump to high bar from box under low bar(never tried from the actual low bar haha) tuck swings ect. i have never been taught or spotted on a pullover or backhip circle so i have never tried them but at school i can do a pullover with a spot lol
floor: round-off, back roll to pushup, back roll to straddle, forward roll to straddle, forward roll to stand, cartwheel, handstand, one handed cartwheel, dive forward roll, backbend, Backhandspring (mats), handstand forward roll, jumps, leaps, all 3 splits (there are some pics of my oversplits in an album..to find it up the top click on community then go down to pictures and albums :) )
vault: handspring to flatback, handstand to flatback, front flip, working on my handspring over table :)
tramp: front layout, front pike, front tuck, jumps, BHS (duh lol), back tuck, back layout (sloppy) :) how old are you? :) im in 8th grade :)
-Jess :)

Those are a lot! You should try jumping from the Low bar- I love doing that! We are actuatly going to build uneven bars for my yard! So excited!!!!

Building bars in the back yard is not a good idea. Bar sets need special anchors and lots of padding. You could be seriously injured. Only do bars in the gym with coaches supervision.

I have a low bar haha but i use it for strictly strength haha i dnt wanna hurt myself lol i also have a beam and i pretty much have my own little gym centre hahhahah :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back