Hello

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flossyduck

Proud Parent
Hi. I've been reading threads on here for a while and thought I should say hello!

We have a seven year old DD who is in the development squad. She's only been doing gym for 9 months, (since she was six and a half and had sat on the waiting list for a year), and she has made incredible progress. We thought it would just be a bit of fun, but her ambition and her progress very quickly took us a bit by surprise!

I always thought those parents who spent all their time driving their children around to activities were crazy people and to be pittied. Little did I know how very quickly it would happen to me and now all my friends think I'm completely mad. DD only does six hours, so nothing like the level some of you are looking at, but it's six hours (plus 5 hours driving)we were blissfully wasting away less than a year ago!

I'm just getting to grips with the grades and competition structure here, which is generally age based and seems incredibly complicated and also not readily geared up for having a later starter but fast learner like my DD. It's a whole new language.

Most posts seem to be from the USA, Canada and Australia, so the talk is of levels and teams and meets, which is another language again. I'm really enjoying reading them and I'm getting to recognise a few names.

I should mention that I also have a five year old DS who has just decided that anything big sister can do he can do too and he is now doing two hours and having fun.

So now I've introduced myself I can hopefully get involved in the odd discussion and look foward to hearing more from everyone here.

Welcome!!! There are a few Brits on here! I'm sure you will love it!
Our grades and levels system is pretty complicated, but all you really need to know is whether your children are having fun!
Look forward to hearing more from you! :)

Welcome to the club :) Gymnastics is not just a sport, but a lifestyle!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back