Parents Help Leo addiction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I thought I was a leotardoholic, but it seems there are many here who are far worse than me! DD currently has about 9 sleeveless and 4 long-sleeved leos. She trains 4 days a week and I like to have a couple of weeks' worth so I don't have to wash leos all the time. I also have several in the next size up stashed away ready for when she grows. I call her my "gymnast doll" because I like to "dress her up", but she actually does like having lots of nice leos. She has the most leos of all the girls in her group because of her leotard addict mum. I'm usually good for a few months and then spot a bargain on TradeMe and can't help myself!

If you just stick to the ones at the thrift shop it is OK LOL. One man's trash is another man's come up. So, birthday, Christmas, and whatever like new leo you get for $2.99.

Not only does my daughter have an extremely extensive gymnastics wardrobe in no small part to this hobby, her swim team suit collection is MASSIVE. Been finding a lot of like new condition suits lately ...

Good news is this particular hoarding activity does not take up a lot of room.

My DD has an entire bin of leos. My addiction has waned a bit over the past year or so. So, in case you were worried about having to go into a 12 step program, just know that after 6 years of buying leos I am finally "kindof" over it!

After reading all of you, and feeling bad about having only one leo, I went on ebay, and bought one. Also watching a few other auctions. This addiction must be contagious. lol

This thread has reminded me I haven't gotten DD her new leo for moving to the next level. What to get... what to get...:D

So ever since little miss started at a real gym I've been buying her leo's and well now I can't stop.
I got a box today with 4 leo's, 4 shorts, and 2 tops ( thanks Gym Critter) and I am trying to restrain myself from
getting in on the sale that Gym Critter has on now....somebody stop me.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, anyone want to share their crazy leo stash?

here's a pic of mine with my girlyView attachment 3969

maybebI need a support group ;)

LOL!! YUP when they start out its a Leo extravaganza!! It takes years but eventually you will slow down as your DD gets older. Now we just get either a sweatshirt, t-shirt or leo at meets. I have to say though I think the leo collection my DD has is just as big as yours if not greater since she is the only grandchild and both grandma's are always getting her leos. LOL

Also, I can't find anyone that manufactures a college leotard. Anyone know of a manufacturer that does those? My dd has been begging for a leotard with the mascot of her favorite college team on it. I have searched a few times over the years and have come up with NOTHING.

I was just looking on eBay and saw 2 college Leo's in child medium- one was Florida...I can't remember what the other school was.

Also, I can't find anyone that manufactures a college leotard. Anyone know of a manufacturer that does those? My dd has been begging for a leotard with the mascot of her favorite college team on it. I have searched a few times over the years and have come up with NOTHING.

I was just looking on eBay and saw 2 college Leo's in child medium- one was Florida...I can't remember what the other school was.

I did see those - unfortunately, not the college mascot she's looking for :) I, on the other hand, would love to see my kid in a Florida leotard competing as a Gator in college! Will NEVER happen, but I can dream, right?

6 y/o has 8 leos, and 4 y/o has 6. I am weird about not wanting them to wear the same one in the same week.

X

Have you tried looking online at the particular University store? I know Univeristy of Utah sells leos in the bookstore.

Try the University store. DD is going to a university gym camp next week and they offered them to the participating girls but I know they sell similar ones in the team athletic store.

6 y/o has 8 leos, and 4 y/o has 6. I am weird about not wanting them to wear the same one in the same week.

I am the same way!!! DD has a show this week. Yesterday she pointed at the Leo she had on and said that she wanted to wear that in the show...I told her she couldn't because she already wore it this week...I am glad there are people who understand!!!

My daughter would be in heaven! She loves fashion and loves getting new leos :) She only has 3 right now but I'm hoping to continue bumping that collection up as she spends more and more time in the gym.

try contacting the college gymnastic team she wants the leo from. Many sell the old one when they get new ones. My dd has 2 leos from colleges and a dufflebag too.

It could look like this...

[video=youtube;0a89lx0CAk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0a89lx0CAk0[/video]

Female gymnasts collect leos like the other girls collect shoes.

Though I don't think this is really a problem our little guys have.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back