help with bars connections for adult gymnast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a few separate skills on bars: front and back hip circles, cast squat on, pullover, tap swings, and almost a kip, but I'm having trouble connecting two skills together. I'm trying to start with connecting a fhc and bhc and I can get it pretty easily with one small cast in between. I think I'm having a hard time completely connecting them because I tend to arch at the end of my fhc which throws off my balance for beginning the next skill. I have very good upper body strength and pretty good ab strength, so I know I'm more than capable of keeping a good hollow body position for all my skills, but since I'm an adult gymnast I don't get much time with a coach spotting me.

Just wondering if any of you have some tips for how I can work on staying hollow in my hip circles, preferably things I can do without a coach. I am already working on more ab strength.

Thanks!

Those are 2 odd skills to try to connect together. Why not try pullover, bhc? Then pullover, bhc, squat on, grab the high bar 3 tap swings half turn dismount? Then you would have a whole connected routine just from the skills you can do.

Thanks for the response. I know those two skills are a little weird to connect together, but I like a challenge :p I can connect things to a pullover already but I haven't tried connecting anything a squat on yet so maybe I'll start working on that.

Thanks for your help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back