• ChalkBucket Does Not Provide Medical Advice

Always first seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding an injury / medical condition. This forum is simply here to share your injury & recovery experiences and what has worked or not worked for you and your athlete.

Injury Herniated Disc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mandeecham

Proud Parent
what precautions have you or your gymnast taken after having a herniated disc when returning ti gymnastics?

what precautions have you or your gymnast taken after having a herniated disc when returning ti gymnastics?
My friend has this. Just got back to the gym after a few months off. She’s starting with nothing bending there back to much and no hard impacts putting excess stress on it. Take it slow and monitor any pain or discomfort so it can be handled.

I've personally just completely eliminated back walkovers and front walkovers from practice. So glad my gym allows us the flexibility to do this. I've also been trying to learn proper core bracing and I try my best to go easier when I feel the slightest bit of pain in my back (you need to recognize what kind of pain it is. Muscle pain is usually not bad). It is hard sometimes because I'm used to pushing myself but I've improved.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back