hey! ive got a question for ppl with wrist problems!!! plz reply!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

kannnewport

my right wrist has been in a lot of pain lately and so ive been looking at wrist supports. i saw that the popular ones are golden hands and tiger paws. the thing is that online im only finding that they are coming in pairs but i just want the right one. so does anyone know where i can buy just the right one and one that isnt 50 dollars. oh and do you recommend the tiger paw or the golden hands?
also...my wrist is hurting on the bone right below my thumb bone..i think the doctor called it the radial or something....but will the brace help release some of the pain while im tumbling?

I beleive you are suppose to wear wrist supports in pairs that is why they are sold that way.

My DD who is 13yrs just went through the same issue with her wrists it is important to go to the DR and get them checked out. The inflamation is generally from the growth plate on the end of the wrist bone. You can have stress fracture or tears in this area.

DD sat out of practice for 6 weeks it was hard all she did was leaps, dance stuff and loads of conditioning BUT it paid off big time they do not hurt any more at all and she has done no permement damage.

They adivised her to not use them at all for anything gymnastics or sport related to let the inflamation go down. That even meant biking.

She nows wears wrist supports but the MD wants those on only for as long as she feels like she needs them as they can lead to weakeness.

Best of luck to you!

I've never used golden hands. Tiger paws take a ton of pressure off your wrists. They will do nothing for your thumbs. When I get girls in my gym who use these I make them do wrist and forearm conditioning as well to counter the support they give. I suggest ballong up socks and squeezing 100 times a day each hand.

Oh sorry she wears the ones from Ten-O Golden Hands. They are on sale for $36 when I bought them make sure to measure to get the right size. They also come in different colors.

ok thanks and sorry ive got a few more questions...im wearing a standard wrist brace now and every time i vault my hand slides across it because the brace has no traction, so im wondering will the golden hands slide too? im doing tsuk vaults and it will not be good if i keep slipping.
also....you cant wear just the one brace? you have to wear both? will wearing one make you feel lopsided?

I've had wrist problems (mainly left wrist) for years. I had broken & dislocated that wrist in the past. It gives me pain all the time. I've used Tiger Paws (they are great...but tend to be a bit expensive). I was told when I was wearing mine that I should wear both but continue to do conditioning for my wrists so they wouldn't weaken. I found that to be helpful for me, but you should really talk to a doctor & see what he/she recommends for you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back