High Schooll meet - AGAIN!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tumblequeensmom

Proud Parent
What an intense week it's been. My DD had a meet on Saturday, one on Monday and another one tonight (Wednesday). VERY unusual, but the one on Monday was a make up from December. I just hope she's caught up on all of her school work!

Anyway, she has slowly improved her scores on the three events she's competing. Tonight she actually placed 4th on bars against some VERY tough competition from area schools that have LOTS of L9 girls on their teams. Her SKILLS are not as high as theirs, BUT her form was impeccable, her casts were nice and high, good clear hips and her dismount was above the bar. Her score was "only" 8.0, but that's really good for HS gym. There was only one 9.0 and then the other L9's got scores in the mid 8's. Good event for her.

She scored her highest score EVER on vault (in HS). 8.8. YAY!!! That was good for a tie for 5th place.

Beam... well, she fell on her 3/4 tuck jump AGAIN. She got an 8.3 Monday night (with the same darn fall); and a 7.9 tonight.

All in all tho, a good finish for her

Now she gets a break until January 27th. It's mid-term exams next week and no meets! I'm EXHAUSTED from all this running around!

Thanks for listening to me!

It sounds like she is doing amazingly well. High school scores have to reflect that the girls can be any level so girls with level 6, 7 and 8 skills will 'appear' to get lower scores than they are used to in USAG. Our scores are much much lower here in the UK and we don't get nearly so bothered about scores. Glad she is enjoying it and improving all the time.

Phew! That's a LOT of meets in a VERY short time!!! Good thing that gymnasts are notoriously good students! Sounds like she's doing fabulous and having a great time :).

Good luck to your dd on her exams next week, and on the next meet :D

Busy busy busy. My goodness. Sounds like she is doing wonderful. And good luck on those exams..im sure she will do just fine.

I sometimes wonder what they are thinking with high school scheduling, but I guess a lot of it comes down to the fact that we have to take a backseat to things like basketball games and just need to take what we can get. Her scores are great, especially considering how exhausted she must have been by the time that Wednesday meet rolled around.
The judges out your way are sticklers for requirements and quality of skills, so those scores above an 8- especially on bars- are VERY well earned! Too bad your team isn't come out our way for the small invitational our neighbor school is having this weekend, they would be superstars with our judges, especially on bars/beam.
Good luck to your DD on finals exams, and hopefully she can manage to find some time to rest!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back