Off Topic Highschool Homecoming (Freshman Year)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
I have a date for my freshman year of highschool homecoming! I'm totally new to it. And I only know what a boutonnière and corsage is because my brother and his date to prom this year. Any stories, tips, advice. Like what happens?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

Well at least you done have to make a mum (look it up on Google). Schools are pretty different, but normally you guys will go to the football game together and then to the dance.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I've gone to teen dances, camp dances, and school dances, etc. But never been to prom or homecoming since I am a new freshman.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

Every school's dance is extremely different. It depends on how it is organized, what the school dress code is, and traditions that the school may have.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

At the schools around here, they have moved Homecoming Dance to Saturday night. They do that because the students have decided that they will treat Homecoming like Prom. Most of the girls wear formal dresses and the guys wear anything from nice jeans and a polo shirt to a suit.
Back in my day, you went from the Homecoming game straight to the dance... wearing what you wore to the game- jeans and shirt (unless you were in the Homecoming court, in which case, you wore a dress or skirt set).
At the dance, you stand around with your friends, dance with one person or a group, drink punch, go to the bathroom with all of your friends and talk about the boys there and also about what everyone is wearing.
Just don't stress and have fun!

Ahh, I just got asked to homecoming last night :)

I'm so happy but a little anxious because I've never really been to a formal dance before. At least I have older sisters to help me out!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back