Parents Hold the Medals..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nameless

Proud Parent
my little one has her first meet of the season this weekend. i ask her, "so what is your favorite part of going to meets?" she grinned and said, " i like how we sometimes get like water bottles with candy in them." "really? that's the best part?" "yep, and oh, it's fun when you get a trophy or something!"

:)

Last edited:
DD likes to hang the medals from the dry cleaning hook in the back seat of the car on the way home so they jingle the whole way.

Ah, yes... I remember it well. First meet DD went to they got ribbons for each event (blue if they got a 9, red if they got an 8, etc.) and she was just so thrilled with all the different colors of ribbons. I don't think it even occured to her that one color was "better" than any of the others. And then they got GIFT BAGS! It was like a party, where you get to wear a pretty leotard and put glitter in your hair and everyone pays attention to you and you get ribbons and a gift bag and then you get to go out to eat! What could possibly be better?? I wish I had bottled a little bit of that... I could use it just about now. Enjoy!

the first time i heard 40 kids running around with all those medals on (L3 usually medals everybody) i almost died. the clanking was so overwhelmong to me!

and yes, it's like a party right now.. i will soak it up and enjoy it along with her!

Ah, yes... I remember it well. First meet DD went to they got ribbons for each event (blue if they got a 9, red if they got an 8, etc.) and she was just so thrilled with all the different colors of ribbons. I don't think it even occured to her that one color was "better" than any of the others!

I really wish they would do this more for the lower levels. In think it does a better job of focusing the girls on doing their best rather than being the best, which is really important for the lower levels.

My did loves the unique gifts as well - bags, water bottles, small push animals, etc

At my DD gym they held a (very low key) little gymnastics competition (just to show the parents what they learned) for anyone wanting to attend (pre school rec only). I guess they were showing parents what to expect if interested in going the competitive route. So they divided the girls into groups of six. They had a different solid color ribbon for 1st thru 5th & 6th place got a rainbow ribbon. All the girls were crying b/c they wanted 6th so they could get a rainbow ribbon. Although they had no clue it meant that u scored the lowest. But the girls who weren't very good were happy as can be bc they pretty much swept up the rainbow ribbons! Lol! It was priceless!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back