WAG Homeschool gym schedule

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As an admin this seems a bit rude ? And spelling m grammar shows that all kinds of mistakes happen.

When you joined you agreed to our rules, one of those rules is to write properly. You might find me reminding you rude, but I find you ignoring our rules rude. You will also find that I know how to spell grammar correctly, perhaps you do not.

I repeat, nobody here knows how the homeschool program at your gym is run. You need to ask at your gym as only they will know how they run their program. Every gym runs their own programs differently.

I am asking for any general gym that provides that service. Also if someone has a tremor issue I hope the rules can make an exception. I cld care less if someone spells correctly. It does not represent their intelligence.

I am asking for any general gym that provides that service. Also if someone has a tremor issue I hope the rules can make an exception. I cld care less if someone spells correctly. It does not represent their intelligence.

I have essential tremors, they are terrible. Some days I really struggle with them.

Reactions: sce
For any "general gym" the way they run their home school program (if they have one) will vary.
Some gyms may be 9-5. Other gyms may be 7-3 or 8-4 or 7-5 or 7-12 and 1-5 or however they choose to do it.
There is no "set way" to offer homeschool gym.

Some gyms offer "homeschool gym" by having practice during the day and having the students do their schooling on their own time.

Nobody will be able to tell you how it works for a particular gym other than THAT PARTICULAR gym.

Good luck :)

I don't think asking this is any different than asking what your gym's prices are or hours for levels or whatever. It is gathering general info to make a comparison.

That said, there is a difference in a typo and text speak on the boards, so I agree with our admin on making an effort to compose a coherent message, even if there might be some typos or grammar errors.

We have several different scenarios at our gym.
  • Some kids have modified schedules at a typical school and they come in mid-day and practice 4 or 5 hours (might be less for compulsory levels).
  • Some kids have modified schedules at a typical school and they do two practice sessions a day and go to their school in between.
  • Some kids do alternate schooling (homeschool or virtual school) and those are divided between morning practice and a mid-day practice group.
  • Some kids do "gym school" and they are there from ~7:30 until 5:00.

*Clarification: None are there the whole time from 7:30-5:00. There are staggered start and end times depending on training level and school grade.

My dd still goes to public school but, but I know of several girls with different situations:

Gym 1: kids homeschool/virtual school at home and go to gym from 12-5 Monday through Friday. There is also practice on Saturday.
Gym 2: kids go to gym from 7:30-5:30 Monday through Friday and do a blend of practice and schoolwork throughout the day depending on level and grade.
Gym 3: Every day has a different schedule. They practice a total of 35 hours per week, on a two a day schedule. School is in the middle in bits and spurts. The days start by 7:30 and end anywhere from 2pm to 7:30 pm. Plus Saturday.
Gym 4: M, W, F is gym/school from 7:30 to 4:30. T, Th is gym/school from 7:30 to 6:30. Practice time is beginning and end of days. Schooling is in the middle. Plus Saturday.

I also know a couple of kids who homeschool and just to do an afternoon program. Dd's program practices 3:30 to 7:30 (plus Saturdays). A couple of her teammates homeschool/virtual school and then come to afternoon practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back