WAG Hopes Requirement Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Related question but different. The HOPES requirements clearly state 2 release moves on bars. I have, however, seen videos of HOPES routines from testing this year that only contain 1 release move. DD is training/testing HOPES and she only has 1 release move solid enough to compete - thus it is the only one in her routine. Is there a mandatory deduction if the routines don't meet the requirements?

I should say that I noticed there were scores for the routines that I saw videos of. I haven't got a clue if it was a decent score, though.

Just 2 releases period.
As far as omitting a release, remember a fall is a full point, so omit it if its not catchable. One less release will receive a deduction in the D score requirement .05 I THINK. So it's better to omit then to fall. But obviously a caught release is going to score higher, plus the tenths you get for the actual skill (D = .04, E=.o5).
==
Next question is,, how old is she this year, (whole year).

Just 2 releases period.
As far as omitting a release, remember a fall is a full point, so omit it if its not catchable. One less release will receive a deduction in the D score requirement .05 I THINK. So it's better to omit then to fall. But obviously a caught release is going to score higher, plus the tenths you get for the actual skill (D = .04, E=.o5).
==
Next question is,, how old is she this year, (whole year).
Thanks so much for the information.. that is reassuring!

She is testing as an 11 year old.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back