WAG Hotel Loyalty Programs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

when you do the hotels.com thing can you change your reservation or cancel without penalty? that sounds like a good deal but we are always booking more than we need and then cutting back as we get closer and know when she is competing. just curious how change and cancel works for hotels.com

My husband usually does the booking bc it's his account, but we've never had a problem changing or canceling - as long as it is within the stated time period.

Hotels.com gives you two options to book. One is a little more expensive (usually about $15) and it gives you free cancellation. The other is cheaper but no cancellation. The cheaper rate is often the same as what you get as a rewards member (assuming you don't have enough for a free room).

We also book through hotels.com and have never had any issues when needing to cancel or change reservations. We just earned our first free hotel room after booking 10 rooms through them. We also sign up for all rewards programs at whichever hotel chain we are staying at, since they are all free we figured why not.

I have Lifetime Platinum status at Marriott and I am a current Diamond level member at Hilton. I travel enough for work that my overriding requirements are room quality and convenience (I am not going to drive 20 extra miles just to stay in a Marriott if there's a good hotel next door). Free rooms are nice, but I think the other perks (room upgrades, concierge lounge, reduced member prices, etc.) really make the difference. You can use the points for others as well, so I have also donated my points for family and friends that could use them.

I booked my hotel for the World Gymnastic Championships in Montreal using points, so they definitely come in handy for the sport as well!

There's no harm in signing up for the program, but if you only have a couple nights a year then the question is whether you want to use points for the Hampton next to the convention center or a hotel for a weekend vacation.

I like Marriott, and also use the Marriott credit card.... good benefits, easy to use online. However, I've noticed that their required points and hotel categories have increased in recent years (takes more points to get free nights). Also their cancellation policies at many properties are less friendly than they used to be, which could be important if you live somewhere that has potential weather issues. Most Hiltons have had rather stinky policies for years (24 hours or they want to charge full night)...but their points programs is fine. Make sure to register on any hotel websites before booking and travel for any special promotions they are running to earn bonus points or extra points. Oh, and if you stay sometimes in far flung lil' towns that only have Best Westerns, their point program is great.

I like Marriott, and also use the Marriott credit card.... good benefits, easy to use online. However, I've noticed that their required points and hotel categories have increased in recent years (takes more points to get free nights). Also their cancellation policies at many properties are less friendly than they used to be, which could be important if you live somewhere that has potential weather issues. Most Hiltons have had rather stinky policies for years (24 hours or they want to charge full night)...but their points programs is fine. Make sure to register on any hotel websites before booking and travel for any special promotions they are running to earn bonus points or extra points. Oh, and if you stay sometimes in far flung lil' towns that only have Best Westerns, their point program is great.

Most of the major hotel brands are moving to 48 hour cancellation policy. It's fine for gymnastics but otherwise annoying.

We also use hotels.com. The cancellation policies have been similar to booking direct. They clearly state when you book if it's a "pay now" or "pay at hotel" booking, the former being a little cheaper. And the free night at ten nights is great and easy to use.

I mainly use Marriott - can always depend on a clean, comfortable room at any of their brands....I have used freebies to get pricey or hard to find rooms, well worth the few extra $ I may spend on any given room the rest of the year. I also have Hilton and Choice, use those less frequently, mainly when there are no Marriotts in the area.

To my knowledge, Marriott points do not expire but sometimes if you earn a bonus night (like stay 4 times get 1 night free), those may have exp. date.

Yes, that is the case. Coincidentally, they just started a stay twice get one night free promotion, which is great because I hadn't seen one of those in a while.

Yes, that is the case. Coincidentally, they just started a stay twice get one night free promotion, which is great because I hadn't seen one of those in a while.
Wow, is this just for new members or already existing ones also? If so, pm me a link!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back