How can i ask my mum?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Ok so over the past few (2) weeks i have been experiencing back pain (don't worry bog im not asking for advice i want to see a physio for that) and i want to see a physio just to make sure its nothing serious.The trouble is i don't think my mum will take me seriously because I never get sent to hospital/physio even when i might have broken my ankle i sat down iced it for 2 days and went to the doctor on the 3rd when i still couldn't walk or bear any weight on it. I am really shy talking to my mum about stuff like this so how can i tell my mum and make sure i see a physio

Just be honest with her. Something like "Mom I need to talk to you about something serious" and go from there.

Write a note and give it to her and say I need to talk about this it is serious.

If you are more concerned with this than your ankle, than by all means you should overcome your fears of talking with her (much easier said than done). Was it your apprehension that kept you from seeking medical attention on your ankle, or was it your mom's reluctance to take you to seek help? What I always tell people is that they know their bodies the best and therefore are the best judges of what level of help they should seek.

If you are more concerned with this than your ankle, than by all means you should overcome your fears of talking with her (much easier said than done). Was it your apprehension that kept you from seeking medical attention on your ankle, or was it your mom's reluctance to take you to seek help? What I always tell people is that they know their bodies the best and therefore are the best judges of what level of help they should seek.
It wasn't because she was reluctant as such it was more she didn't realise that it was bad at all (had a tear of a ligament) because i did it doing a split leap so she didn't think it could be bad. After we figured it out we did go see a doctor followed by physio for 4 weeks its (my back) is actually feeling a lot better today so i am seeing how it goes for the next few days - think i might just have pulled a muscle because its definately feeling better now but thanks for all of your advice.

You know your threshold, so don't push beyond it. If it is just a muscle strain (which I pray it is), healing will require rest. Don't wanna give out too much medical advice, but REST, REST, REST.

YOu really need to tell, just say that it hurst more than anything you have felt before. She loves you and will not want you to hurt, Meanwhile try to avoid doing the things that make it hurt.

Glad you got over your fears and put your health first. Will send prayers that it is nothing.:pray:

So glad you talked to your mom. Remember your MOM is your cheerleader, protector and most of all there for you no matter what. She may not always like what you choose to do and may get angry with you at times but mom's will always support you, listen to you, and most of all Love you. Never be afraid to let mom know what is happening in your life.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back