WAG how DO the judges do it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dumb question sorry, this seems obvious. But that's per event? So the requirements for each event are the same?
-thanks....
The As, Bs, and Cs required per event are the same... and you can get bonus up to 0.5 on the 9.5 SV (IF you meet the special requirements AND have the necessary Difficulty and Connection bonuses).

10.0 is the MAXIMUM SV in JO, even at L10.
Here is the vault chart:
https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/Rules/J.O. Code of Points/appndx01_Level10vaultchart-2013.pdf

Level 10 Requirements: 3 A’s, 3 B’s, 2 C’s
9.50 Start Value Maximum of 0.50 Bonus
(min. of +.10 Difficulty Value & min. of +.10 Connection Value)
The shaded vaults on the chart receive a bonus of 0.10 if performed successfully(no fall or spot) so essentially start from a 10.1, correct? Think this is a change with this cycle.

The shaded vaults on the chart receive a bonus of 0.10 if performed successfully(no fall or spot) so essentially start from a 10.1, correct? Think this is a change with this cycle.
Kinda sorta.... They are ELIGIBLE for the 0.1 bonus... In 2014, there were only 3 10.0 Vaults in L10 on mymeetscores.com ... and one of them was MyKayla Skinner, last February - and she wasn't placed (a 9.675 got credit for 1st place Vault... but MyKayla did take 1st on the other events and AA). I don't think judges will actually score anyone a 10.1 ... but I could be wrong.

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1492171492.237838.jpg

So, this was from my competition, i knew the judge so he showed me. I was number 36, so the most bottom one. I'm dutch, so i'm sure it is different in other countries. My score was a 10.933, D-score was 3.1 and E-score 7,833 ( it was my first comp in 8 years i think). My routine Has the following major elements, in order: Full turn, 1-armed cartwheel, split leap- cat leap half connection, jump full turn, backward roll and cartwheel-roundoff connection. Maybe that helps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back