WAG How far do you have your springboard from the vault?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How far from the vault do you have your springboard normally?

• Total voters

Ponyshine

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I'm interested to know how far you (or your gymnast) likes to have the front of the springboard from the vault when you are vaulting.

I realise that comparisons can't really be made because as gymnasts get older, this is likely to change & also people may prefer a different distance depending on the type of vault they are performing, but more or less.

Use the poll & post below if you want to.

I usually have my board somewhere between 90 cm & 1 m 10 cm away from the vaulting table.

:)

I use the mobile app and do t see a poll. Maybe that's why. My kids all have their board at 1'6". They are level 4s competing a front handspring. Average age is 9.

Some people seem to measure the distance from the table to the close (high) end of the board, but some measure from the table to the far (short) end of the board. Maybe you can clarify on your poll? I'm interested to see the results.
I usually start b/w 1 ft (30cm) and 1'6" (46cm). Sometimes, I'll go as far as 2ft (61cm), but that's rare.

Some people seem to measure the distance from the table to the close (high) end of the board, but some measure from the table to the far (short) end of the board. Maybe you can clarify on your poll? I'm interested to see the results.
I usually start b/w 1 ft (30cm) and 1'6" (46cm). Sometimes, I'll go as far as 2ft (61cm), but that's rare.

Good point - I will try & clarify. I was thinking of the distance when measuring the distance from the table to the high end of the board.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back