How long would you expect to wait

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momnipotent

Proud Parent
Judge
After expressing an interest in joining the developmental program before you hear something? The coach seemed to think it was a possibiliy based on how classes are going, but said he had to talk to the developmental coach. Should we expect to hear at the next class or not? If not, when would it be appropriate to follow up? I definitely don't want to be pegged as a crazy gym mom and if the answer is that he needs more time in rec that is fine, but ds is dying to move into this group and I am concerned because he watches the boys in this class (and others) do things and then teaches them to himself-so far he has taught himself a one handed cartwheel and a round-off and I am worried that by doing this he might be developing bad habits that will have to be fixed later (I am also a little uneasy that he might try to do a back handspring or something more dangerous next-I have already caught him doing a bridge with his feet on the couch and then flipping over.) I do my best to discourage this, but he is 6 and I can't watch him 24/7.

I would give it 7-10 days and then follow up.
As to the teaching and trying acro skills at home, just lay down the rule that none of this is to be done and at home and if he does break the rule then he misses 1 practice. Honestly, that does get their attention!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back