how long?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wondering-
how long did it take you to get your mill/stride circle and your handstand on beam? And if you haven't gotten it yet, how long is it taking you?

I was able to do hs on beam since I was able to do a nice hs on floor. I don't think we really learned them, just did them one day. Front mill took about a month. Just need to practice on it.

I agree on the mill circle, it took me 3-4 weeks to get that. I've been doing gymnastics for a year and I still don't have a solid handstand that hits vertical everytime. I do it, and it's close to vertical but I think it's a confidence issue. That probably won't happen, and if it does take you a year, never give up.
Have confidence and work hard and you'll get it soon! Good luck! :)

Thank you! Are there any drills/tips on the mill circle? I can do the handstand on the low beam, but it's all about building up confidence to do it on the high beam......

On the mill circle, push up as much as you can on the bar. As you begin to go forward, look at the high bar and keep your chest up. I hope that helps!

It also took me around a month to get a mill circle. Make sure that your hands rotate when you're doing them. Haha I had that problem!

Thank you for the tips! I actually have about a month left of summer gymnastics classes, so that's good. Cross your fingers i get them!

Handstands on beam: when you do them well on floor, and after you get over the nervousness of being four feet in the air, you should get it in no time! Mill circle, you should get it in a few weeks or less depending on how much you practice it!

You can also practice handstands and stuff at home on a line so when you get to the gym you'll feel more comfortable with it, so you'll probably get it faster :)

Sent from my PantechP9070 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Mill circles took me about 3 weeks to get. Vertical handstand on beam I still can't do! But it's because of my ridiculous shoulder flexibility, and I'm afraid to go all the way up (I can do it easily with a VERY light spot lol)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back