WAG How to become a vendor at meets??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,
I make and sell leotards. I have an Etsy store but honestly do not sell much on there. Almost all my leotards are sold in the gym to rec and I do the team leos. I was just wondering if anyone knows how I would get my foot in the door at a meet. We don't host any meets at our gym. Any ideas? Do I just call the gyms that host the meets?

Hi,
I make and sell leotards. I have an Etsy store but honestly do not sell much on there. Almost all my leotards are sold in the gym to rec and I do the team leos. I was just wondering if anyone knows how I would get my foot in the door at a meet. We don't host any meets at our gym. Any ideas? Do I just call the gyms that host the meets?

yes. and usually the meet director.

Hi,
You may want to think about how it can be a fundraiser for a gym. I know that our gym gets a percentage of sales from vendors at meets as well as special leotard sales at the gym (usually timed in connection with new classes starting). When contacting the folks Dunno mentioned, offer a fundraiser angle.

Another idea is that many tweens and teens like to see pictures of themselves on social media. You will need to be careful to not run afoul of NCAA rules, but maybe you can have a "contest" where gymnasts can get a free leo in exchange for allowing you and you feature their picture in your leotard on your Facebook, Instagram or website. A big part of any growth plan is marketing and publicity. Obviously a marquee name would be ideal, but they would come with a price.

Plum has been knocking it out of the park on social media. My daughter and teammates are very impressed. :) One of them send a photo to Plum on instagram and they posted it, which the other girls thought was SO cool, so what did they do? Go buy some Plums so THEY could be posted too. Genius, I tell you.

Several girls have already asked me for leos. I have been thinking about doing a contest for them to win one. It's funny... I just saw Plum for the first time today on Instagram.

My ds's gym is hosting a meet coming up soon. It's probably too soon for you to come as a vendor, but if there's any possibility you could donate a leo for our raffle that would be awesome. We can give you an ad in the program in exchange.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back