How to do makeup for meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

How do you do makeup for meets? I just usually put on some eye shadow and maybe mascara.

I always wore exactly what I did for school, concealer and sometimes a little powder and chap stick. Usually skipped mascara even though I wore it at school because I find it can be bothersome to my eyes at times.

My face is naturally really red and I blush all the time, so whenever I have to be in front of a lot of people I have stuff that makes me look normal. Otherwise I don't wear anything:)

I actually have a little regimen. Nothing crazy, I've been told I look better with natural makeup, so I try to go light (but its nice to hear your coach say "You look pretty!"). I'm also a dancer and so I'm used to the stage makeup thing.

I put concealer on, but I try to just put it on blemishes because I find I look worse with it on (now this was before I discovered this awesome stick thing and I was using powder). Then I put a bit of blush on so I look alive. Then I do white eye shadow under my brow, dark brown in my crease, and gold on my lid (because I'm going for gold woo). I blend it so I don't look insane, and then I put mascara on. My mom usually makes me put on some cherry baby lips or something that isn't lipstick but will give me "a little color".

I like wearing makeup to meets. Besides dance and special occasions, I won't wear it. I don't wear it to school because I think that if people are going to be around me they should except me for the way I look naturally. If they don't like it, well they don't have to be my friend then! As for meets, I think it does give me a bit of confidence. It makes the event special. It's actually exciting now that I think of it, because it's one step closer to the meet and I love that!

This question made me think a lot harder than I think was intended but thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back