Parents I Can't Believe the season is about to start!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mpkbt

Proud Parent
DD has her first meet at level 10 this weekend. Luckily, it is a local low key meet. She has new skills on everything but vault. She would have a new vault except that she sprained her ankle the first week in December and could not work her upgraded vault. I just can't believe that the season is already here. It seems like just yesterday we were finishing up at Westerns! The longer we are in this sport the less I look forward to meet season. I know once it starts, it is full speed ahead until April. We even have travel meets on back to back weekends in February.....Hold on it is going to be a bumpy ride!

Hope she has a great season! Level 10 is a really big deal, I'm sure you are both excited! Hope her ankle is better....

Good luck to your dd. I totally hear what you are saying, my dd's season is about to start too - her first meet is 1/15. Sometimes it seems that training will never end and next thing you know 'BAM' meet season is here. Here's hoping for a healthy, injury-free season!!!

Good luck to your DD! My DD's 1st meet is this weekend as well, she is competing as a 1st year L9. It is scary stuff sometimes. I feel the same as you, I am excited but nervous for her.

Good luck to her!! Beth's first meet as a level 9 is in a week--but is a travel meet (traveling with coaches for this one--parents can go, but would travel separately--we can't go due to $$--too many travel meets this year!). Glad your DD's ankle is doing better! Can't wait to see how it went for her.

The countdown starts. Dd has first L9 next weekend as well. Good luck to everyone. I think I will watch with my eyes closed... especially BARS :covereyes:
At least ours is very close.

The countdown starts. Dd has first L9 next weekend as well. Good luck to everyone. I think I will watch with my eyes closed... especially BARS :covereyes:
At least ours is very close.

I can't watch beam! Thankfully at the first meet, coach said she can do the BHS-BHS series, but after that she has to go back to the BHS-BLO - how thoughtful of the coach! :rolleyes:

Granny, beam is a close second, but dd usually rocks beam. Bars is her weak event, and the releases freak me out:eye-popping:

The optional girls at our gym have gone to a couple of meets already, but I think the meet season for them is getting ready to pick up. My daughter's first compulsory season is winding down (2 meets-Flip Fest and Circle of Stars this month, then the last one in February). It's been nerve-wrecking, but fun.:) Good luck to all the girls getting ready for their first competitions!!

Whew! Done with the first meet of level 10. She was nervous and it showed but still hit 4 for 4. In her mind it was like the inneraquad she never had. The team did 2 inner squads in December but she couldn't do either of them because of her foot. She managed to get 2nd AA out of 7 (35.25)...she was the only new 10. It is now on to Vegas. It is going to be a huge meet with 3 sessions of level 10s.

Congrats and Im sure she will rock Lady Luck! Such an awesome meet.

Whew! Done with the first meet of level 10. She was nervous and it showed but still hit 4 for 4. In her mind it was like the inneraquad she never had. The team did 2 inner squads in December but she couldn't do either of them because of her foot. She managed to get 2nd AA out of 7 (35.25)...she was the only new 10. It is now on to Vegas. It is going to be a huge meet with 3 sessions of level 10s.

Congratulations to your dd - 2nd place AA is awesome! Good luck in Vegas - go rock the house!!!

sounds like a great 1st meet! Can't wait to see the video.. We have our 1st in 2 weeks.. Really nervous about level 9 this season.

I would like to say that the Lady Luck went well but I can't. If you ask my dd how it went, she will tell you it went "stupid" She started on floor and had a really good routine and got a 8.95 (5th). Tammy Biggs was judging so probably a fair score. She then went to bars. Great warmup.....Nailed her tkatchev and shoot half to handstand..I thought great! Then she missed her foot on her Hecht and down she went. The look on her face was priceless....Like what am I doing on the ground. She finished but got an 8.2. Then vault...She could not land on her feet. Later she told me that her steps were off because the room was too big...? She felt like she was running downhill. Then beam. She fell on her press handstand mount. She has been doing this mount for 7 YEARS! I have her on video saying to herself..."really?" I told her you just have to laugh. At least she got it all out in one meet. They had a really intense session. They were in a session with about 8 gyms that all had a ton of level 10's and quite a few elites sprinkled in.
Now she is sick with the flu! It is going to be a long season.....

Blame it on the flu. If she is sick now, she probably was sick then, but was not aware of it.
And, of course, some meets are just like that - stupid:p

Oh poor kid, it's funny (not) how things often all go wrong in one meet. Glad she had the great first meet, so she knows she can do it. I have often wondered how gymnasts feel about competing in massive spaces when their gyms are just average. Well now I know.

Hopefully her next meets are way more pleasurable for her.

[video=facebook;1716606668341]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1716606668341&saved[/video]Trying to figure out how to embed this video of Vault from DD 1st meet.

Last edited:
Sorry she had a not so great meet. My DD had one of those meets last year...fell on the mount for beam.. press handstand that she has been doing forever also. She started crying and the whole routine was shot. I hope she feels better fast. I have heard so many people right now with the flu.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back