WAG I feel like I'm losing my flexibility!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SweetSecrets15

Coach
Gymnast
I'm not sure what it is, but lately I've been having a lot of pain when it comes to doing the splits. I've had right and left for about 3 years (still working the middle, I'm about 3 inches away from the ground). Anyways, our normal gym warm-up is a 5 minute run and then a few basic exercises (planks, hollow body rocks, bounce straddle handstands...etc) then we go right into our over-splits with our leg onto a panel mat.

Normally with my good leg I was all the way down to the ground with my oversplit, and fairly close with my bad leg. Lately, my good leg is barely even a split (and it hurts A LOT) and my bad leg is oddly lower (but still not too the ground & much less pain). Also my "bad leg" regular split is less painful than my "good led" split. Which is also strange because regular splits never used to hurt me.

Also on beam in our warmups we have lever to needles, and I can no longer kick up as high because it hurts so badly. It feels like I'm trying to do it without NOT stretching in weeks. I'm afraid I'm losing my flexibility and I honestly don't know why. I'm 18, been doing gymnastics for about 4 years now, and I'm on xcel platinum. I don't know if it's improper stretching (maybe I'm not warm enough when we stretch) or maybe we should do some lunges before going right into oversplits, or maybe I need to stretch more?? I don't know and I'm afraid to do something that's counterproductive.

Please help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back